Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,I am supposed to be taking delivery of my Evoque tomorrow but discovered yesterday they have stuck Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres on it ( 19" wheels ). I thought it would have had Continental's on. Having had mega problems with Pirelli tyres in the past I am not keen on this option. Any advice or preferences?

·
Registered
186 Posts
From what I have read, most seem to prefer the Pirelli Scorpions. What problems have you had with them in the past?Edited by: LDT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply. We had loads of problems with the beads/ sealing on the split rim alloys, so for the first 8 months we had the car, it was back at the dealers every week so in the end we had to change to Bridgestone's( which I preferred anyway after having them on my Alfa 156 ).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I don't think you will have any problems with the Pirelli Scorpions, I have had them for years on my Land Rover Discovery and they have been fantastic. I collected my Evoque last weekend, hoping it would have them, but unfortunately it came with continentals (20" wheels), but so far they seem fine.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Have just noticed that very few manufacturers seem to make 245/45 20's and that they are at least £250 per corner.

Not sure why LR picked such an odd/un-popular size but as demand increases, I am sure that some of the second tier tyre manufacturers will start to offer some alternatives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts