Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed on another forum that some buyers were specifying Pirelli tyres on their cars when ordering, as opposed to Continentals, which some of them really seemed to dislike.
Has anyone here had a bad experience with Contis ?

Needless to say my Prestige has come shod with Contis !!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I don't think you can actually specify which tyres you get. Some cars seem to be coming with Pirellis most are contis. Consenus seems to be the pirellis are the better but have no real personal experience to confirm this -sorry. I'm putting on 20" pirelli winter tyres next month but they are not cheap!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. I'm considering doing the same (Pirellis on 20") but the best quote I've had is almost £1300 ! Has your experience been the same ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Jake yes unfortunately was quoted £330 each from local tyre dealer. They didn't have them in stock and it would be a 2 week order from Germany. Going to hunt on the net to see if I can get a cheaper price if not will order in a couple of weeks so have them for November (assuming my evoque has arrived by then!).

Would appreciate it if any forum members have found any good deals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Might be worth looking into getting some 19" (or smaller) FL2 rims and getting winter tyres put on them? 19" or smaller will be much easier / cheaper to source than 20" winter tyres and save potential damage to the 20" rims from annual changing from winter to normal tyres (unless of course you were just planning to run winter all year round). It will also save your 20" rims getting too exposed to the gritted roads.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that using non standard wheels could cause warranty problems.

·
Registered
134 Posts
my Pure model i understand from my order form states DUNLOP 19's

·
Registered
33 Posts
Evoq1 - sorry to hijack the thread but do you a have deliver date yet? Reason for asking as our car specs are very similar

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also remember if you change wheels from factory fitted, you will need to declare this with your insurer, as this is classed as an owner modification and would invalidate insurance

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Silverburn. Have you got your winter Pirellis fitted yet ? My suppliers got mine in stock bit it's just too **** warm down here at the moment to put them on !

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know what you mean even up here its a tropical 12 degrees today. They are going on next week forecast is set to drop to below 10 and it's only going to get colder so just doing it now as tyre fitter wants them out of his place. I know the sweet spot is 7 degrees and below so think next week should be ok.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look forward to hear how they perform in the white stuff, assuming you get it first! I think the RRE + winters will be awesome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Silverburn. Have you had the Pirelli's fitted yet? How are they in terms of road noise and handling compared with what you had on before ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just had the Pirelli's fitted to my RRS and they are the mutt's. No discernible increase in road noise, very solid road holding at speed although under silly acceleration it does seem like it's drifting a bit. Wet performance is great and they're much better than the summers on mud. Can't believe I've taken this long to get winter tyres!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts