Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Evoque Prestige Lux Aintree Green
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well still getting used to all the gadgets etc on the car, the tv doesn't really work too well, sometimes a pic on a channel, anyway noticed I get better signal with roof all the way back. Well anyway last night I went out to the car, just to check on it and decided to jump in and try the tv as it was later in the evening, well it worked and I got a channel, just so happened it was a Documentary on Sam Fox (page3) I thought typical, I cant exactly sit here watching this as there was a few people about!!! Came back and told my Mrs I got a channel to work!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Thats a draw back with digital tv vs analogue, digital is like a switch its either on or its off with no in between, signal strength and coverage all depends on weather, tall buildings, ours on the whole whenever I've watched it has been pretty good, the odd time its a bit pixelated but it clears

Reactions: JB/KB

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well still getting used to all the gadgets etc on the car, the tv doesn't really work too well, sometimes a pic on a channel, anyway noticed I get better signal with roof all the way back. Well anyway last night I went out to the car, just to check on it and decided to jump in and try the tv as it was later in the evening, well it worked and I got a channel, just so happened it was a Documentary on Sam Fox (page3) I thought typical, I cant exactly sit here watching this as there was a few people about!!! Came back and told my Mrs I got a channel to work!!
Yes I did note my hubby appeared to come to life when that documentary came on 🤣 Our TV works really well surprisingly. Can’t say the same for DAB! That’s very hit and miss.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol I bet he did, well our dab is fine just the tele now and then is a bit fuzzy!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
When I go to London / Central London with all those tall buildings, TV signals drop. Do you live in a built-up area?
In other areas, it works quite well. Had it in one of our bmws and cant tell the difference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I go to London / Central London with all those tall buildings, TV signals drop. Do you live in a built-up area?
In other areas, it works quite well. Had it in one of our bmws and cant tell the difference.
Well I actually live in SE London, so that probably doesn’t help for starters!! When I eventually get to go out of London , somewhere more open, I will see, hopefully bit more of a pic !!

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
I was in SE London today, Hope you live in a nice bit!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in SE London today, Hope you live in a nice bit!!!!
Lol not many nice bits around now!! Yeah our area isn’t too bad, whereabouts are u? Take it u never got signal today then either lol

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
I have a Merc nowadays and live in Chester, I was just picking up my Mrs who has been "Bubbling" with her nephew and family-now safely back home.
All depends where in SE London you are.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Merc nowadays and live in Chester, I was just picking up my Mrs who has been "Bubbling" with her nephew and family-now safely back home.
All depends where in SE London you are.
We live in Kidbrooke area, not sure if u know it. Was in your area last November, well in the services! Take it by your reply you were happy to get back out of London once u picked ur mrs up !!:LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
I was born in the South (Staines) and must admit (without trying to insult you) that I detest London with a passion, hate the lifestyle, the rudeness the dirty grubbiness of it all, some of the "Superior" beings and the general unfriendliness of the majority of people.-it is a squalid place!
rant over, well you did ask. Whenever I go to London I consider it Missionary work!!
So Yes, happy to get back up to Gods country!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was born in the South (Staines) and must admit (without trying to insult you) that I detest London with a passion, hate the lifestyle, the rudeness the dirty grubbiness of it all, some of the "Superior" beings and the general unfriendliness of the majority of people.-it is a squalid place!
rant over, well you did ask. Whenever I go to London I consider it Missionary work!!
So Yes, happy to get back up to Gods country!
At least ur happy lol To be honest a lot of what we call true Londoners have moved out now, not like it used to be tbh! We like to go up north in November/ December time to York and the Xmas markets, not too sure what to do this Xmas time, might try somewhere else........... where my tv might work lol

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
I know exactly what you mean about London and true londoners, certainly not how it used to be. -I am very a happy chappy, can't really be a people person in London, thats for sure.
York Gorgeous place-love it, also the Northumbria region is stunning in every way-now there you will find real, direct people-no fluff.
hope you get to see your TV properly in due course.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2013 SD4 Dynamic Lux
31 Posts
Lol not many nice bits around now!! Yeah our area isn’t too bad, whereabouts are u? Take it u never got signal today then either lol

Are there any specific set up instructions, I've changed the country to uk which helps! but still no signal??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Are there any specific set up instructions, I've changed the country to uk which helps! but still no signal??

AFAIK, there isn't. If it allows you to rescan the channel list, then its worth trying that.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,766 Posts
We live in Kidbrooke area...
Have you looked into the TfL ULEZ extension that's coming next year?
It includes roads within the A205 South Circular, so your neck of the woods, and won't be Euro 5 friendly!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that was all checked out before, although most Londoners know the score, my wife is disabled too so we do get certain exemtions for things, like free to drive into central London.

·
Registered
11,271 Posts
Yeah that was all checked out before, although most Londoners know the score, my wife is disabled too so we do get certain exemtions for things, like free to drive into central London.
I get full 100% Exemption for all charges-so win-win.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,766 Posts
Good to hear you are on the case.
Does that mean after October next year when the ULEZ gets to you, you will be able to drive without your wife being in the car? With all the cameras etc. it sounds complicated...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I believe its October this year it comes in, as I am her carer 9 times out of 10 she is with me, not too sure about if she wasn't and driving in London London, I would check that out if it came to it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts