Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the evoque only had it 3 weeks, its a 2014 dynamic lux, if you push the tv button the screen comes on but shows no reception, the dual screen works as it shoud, ive tried looking in the book but no luck.

cheers
keith

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi all, new to the evoque only had it 3 weeks, its a 2014 dynamic lux, if you push the tv button the screen comes on but shows no reception, the dual screen works as it shoud, ive tried looking in the book but no luck.

cheers
keith
Make sure that you are in the open area and not surround by flats etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its only for the other half to watch as i normally drive, if i cant get it working she will have to watch a dvd

·
Registered
248 Posts
its only for the other half to watch as i normally drive, if i cant get it working she will have to watch a dvd
No idea in all honesty.
When I went through dealer equipment, I noticed that there was an option to health check all antennas. May help you if all other measures fail.

There is no subscription required as far as its digital TV. I am not sure if Evoque gives you the option to choose analog / digital signals?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did notice a broken wire on the left hand side of the tail gate, i have put a new crimp on the end and reconnected it, still no good.
Is the health check something i can do myself or is it a dealer option only

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did notice a broken wire on the left hand side of the tail gate, i have put a new crimp on the end and reconnected it, still no good.
Is the health check something i can do myself or is it a dealer option only
Do you pano roof as there antennas are different.

Here is what someone suggested:
Have a look on the rear side glass - on the 3 door that is the full rear side window and on the 5 door the small window between the C and D pillars. IIRC if you have thin yellowish wiring stuck onto BOTH glasses then they are both "diversity" antenna and one is for the DAB radio/ TMC and the other is for FM/AM/TV - I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you might find all Evoques have both even if they don't have TV as it is cheaper to buy in and install only one style of side glass and it looks much more attractive than putting a rod antenna on the roof of the car!

Ref:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Do you pano roof as there antennas are different.

Here is what someone suggested:
Have a look on the rear side glass - on the 3 door that is the full rear side window and on the 5 door the small window between the C and D pillars. IIRC if you have thin yellowish wiring stuck onto BOTH glasses then they are both "diversity" antenna and one is for the DAB radio/ TMC and the other is for FM/AM/TV - I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you might find all Evoques have both even if they don't have TV as it is cheaper to buy in and install only one style of side glass and it looks much more attractive than putting a rod antenna on the roof of the car!

Ref:
Mine has this & I don’t have TV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it has the pano roof, 5 door and the rear windows have the wiring inside, they both look ok, i might have to take it to the local dealer, better get saving for the price first.
It must have worked at some point as there is a channel list with some on there.
could it possibly need a update or something, the last owner was a old chap who rarely used it and has been unused for about 6 months after he passed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive just looked at the spec when new, it came with the tv and dual screen so its definitely a issue with something.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine has this & I don’t have TV.
As far as I know one has DAB and one has TV wiring.

Ive just looked at the spec when new, it came with the tv and dual screen so its definitely a issue with something.
You may have to remove real trims off to see if all the connections to amplifiers / rear glass doors are connected.
If you search youtube how to remove rear speakers, there is a video which shows you how to remove the trims.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts