Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So drove car today, perfect. Stopped, got back in and pulled away... restricted performance. I did overtake a tractor, foot down and this was about 20 min before the error and all the codes are turbo related so wondering if my actuator is faulty.

I cleared the codes, P0046 P0047 P0048 P259E, revved car and sounded fine, revved again and then restricted performance again, codes P0046 P0047 P0048.

I will add, with the restricted mode on, when i rev it only revs to about 2k and when i take my foot off, it flutters so thought it was my turbo, but that first rev with no code, perfect so must be the actuator.

am wondering if a blocked EGR is the issue, or maybe a faulty battery.

Last year I had my windscreen replaced, (low batt from doors open all morning) i had this error, or very similar. charged battery over night and been fine since. Thinking that as it came on from when i started the car and pulled away.

What do you guys think.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,365 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear that.
I had the P259E last year. Here's my Restricted Performance thread.

See the thread for details, but LRA cleaned the contacts to the turbo actuator.
I thought (so did he) it would end up as a new turbo - but so far the fault hasn't returned! (kiss-of-death)

You are seeing more codes than me - but perhaps worth a try cleaning the contacts...

EDIT: Defo worth charging the battery as this often causes numerous issues!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

So drove car today, perfect. Stopped, got back in and pulled away... restricted performance. I did overtake a tractor, foot down and this was about 20 min before the error and all the codes are turbo related so wondering if my actuator is faulty.

I cleared the codes, P0046 P0047 P0048 P259E, revved car and sounded fine, revved again and then restricted performance again, codes P0046 P0047 P0048.

I will add, with the restricted mode on, when i rev it only revs to about 2k and when i take my foot off, it flutters so thought it was my turbo, but that first rev with no code, perfect so must be the actuator.

am wondering if a blocked EGR is the issue, or maybe a faulty battery.

Last year I had my windscreen replaced, (low batt from doors open all morning) i had this error, or very similar. charged battery over night and been fine since. Thinking that as it came on from when i started the car and pulled away.

What do you guys think.
How did you get on with this fault of yours? I've just had a quote for £2,600 from JLR dealer on the basis of the error code staring on my Evoque last week. I haven't used the car much lately and wondering if there is a battery issue? Would the dealer have checked the battery and then told me there was a low battery before then coming up with a 'we can fix this for £2,600, thank you!!'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts