Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have an empty polystyrene tool kit holder in the boot of my Evoque and I cannot seem to locate a photo of what should be in there. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

·
Registered
916 Posts
I guess that you do not have a spare wheel. If you had I think that the jack etc. would be in that kit holder.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
215 Posts

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Yes, make sure you have your white plastic she-wee.
only found it the day before it went back-thinking it was for Adblue?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That plastic funnel is for filling the diesel tank from a can. You can't do it otherwise (this may only apply to recent models that have a sort of plate closing the filler which can only be opened by a nozzle of exactly the right size. Older models may not need this.) Even the LR Assist dedicated technician who fixed my car when the fuel pump disintegrated (and emptied the tank) didn't know this. Funnels from other diesels will be a different shape but still work. I now have a Transit one. Like the towing eye, you will never need to use it unless you haven't got it.

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
Oh great they are now fitting those God awful Ford filler flap devices to Evoques, got one on our Volvo and in hot summers they can gunk up with dried diesel and wont open, dealer will of course change them at cost out of warranty, cleaning them is a pain (especially when you cant get it open, and no device supplied) but can be done successfully which I've done twice now.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
So, you live and learn, never used it just guessid it was for sheep-wee. as my daughter used to descibe anything with a smell unfamiliar to her as in "it smells like sheep wee"

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hi Whilliam, are you sure you need a towing eye, I have a MY15 Dynamic Lux Sd4 & the towing eye is a fixture not a screw in like they used to be.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
215 Posts
Hi Bazz, I have a MY20 and it has a towing eye in the standard kit thanks, It wasn't me looking for one, I just copied and pasted some pics of alternative boot kit holders for the original poster.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
No problem Whilliam.

Stay safe. (y) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts