Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,does any body know when the dealer will give you a price for your cars part exchange.Is it on the day of exchange or prior?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just before maybe a few weeks at most, i would brace youself for a crap price though. They dont have to give good deals as the evoque is so in demand. Thats exactly why i got rid of my car a couple of months ago and bought a banger to tide me through.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ed,
I am thinking of doing the same as you and buy a banger but just wondered if it was worth all the hassel?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Broady, my dealer gave me an estimate when i placed my order in September which differed by £1500 betweenthe lowest and the highest, as the car could of been as late delivering as March 2012. As i now have a build date of January i had to finalise the value this week, and to be fair to them, they offered for highest estimate.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Broady said:
Hi Ed,
I am thinking of doing the same as you and buy a banger but just wondered if it was worth all the hassel?

Well i was sort of forced into the banger route early, the day i had an acceptable privateoffer on my scirocco was the same day its engine went bang (needed replacing after twelve thousand miles) car was under warranty but selling a 2yr old car privately with a new engine would be problematic. I therefore reached a deal with VW to buy the car off me for a good price. That was in september and i have been punting round in a £650 mondeo since then and it hasnt been one minutes hassle at all. Its been faultless. Its almost convinced me that driving cheap older cars is the way forward. It certainly has shown me that you dont need to spend £££££££ to drive reliable, comfortable, practicle cars.

Its not £30k less of a car than the evoque that will replace it, thats for sure!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rattinem,
Was your car a Landrover or a different brand.Mines a Honda CRV which would probably be worth selling at this time of year.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dumping my Lexus rx400h I was pleasantly surprised that my RR dealer offered me £600 more than the Lexus dealer who knew we were swapping and was desperate to get the rx from us..... Not that desperate though. And the price was exactly where I expected it so I don't feel the RR dealer took advantage. Yes I have always got a discount on a new car before but have never bought a car like the Evoque which is in such high demand.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Pete,
After listening to that I am going to save the hassle and trade it in. Fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts