Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you lucky Evoque owners get on with trade-in values when delivery of your Evoque's happen?
There is a lot of talk about mpg's on the forum but trade-in values can make that something of a nothing if you get a few hundred pounds extra when trading-in your old car.

When we order our Evoque's we know what the purchase price is but do not know what the dealer will give us for our trade-ins.

What are your experences? Did you get a reasonable price for your trade-in or was it a disappointment? Did you feel that the dealer looked after you at this point or took advantage.

My experience is still to come so would be interested in your views.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Brian - My experience is that you will always get less than you hope for, and less than you would if you sold privately by trading in. The reason we do it is because its hassle free. I don't believe LR are any better or any worse than any other dealer.

I am trading in a 2009 Audi S4 with all the extras fitted and was offered 21k in November 2011, and projected at 16k when I actually trade in when my Evoque is said to be ready in May. Now I know that Audi themselves would sell this car for around 24-25k now. That said, as the Evoque is new and in demand you have very little if any bargaining room to get a better price.

LR will just phone around a few car dealers and offer you the best price they get which is fair enough. I normally get a quote from webuyany car, and thats usually the same as a dealer will offer you, then its your choice as to whether or not you take the trade in price or sell privately.

Hope this helps, may not be everyones experience, but certainly mine over the past few years

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi There

On the subject of Trade-in's, has anyone seen any anticipated depreciation (percentage) figures for the Evoque please ?

I am interested to know wht minemight be worth in 3 and 4 years.My build date is Jan 20th and I am looking at purchase verses Personal Contract Hire through Land Rover.

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks timslim.
Yes I use webuyanycar as well. I will be trading-in an RRS which will be about 3.5 years old when my Evoque arrives. I guess the dealer will put it on his own forecourt for a while before sending it to auction if he does not sell it fairly quickly.

You are right about not having any real bargaining power because the Evoque is so new. It just leaves me feeling a little over a barrel. Can't be helped really as I do not want the hassle of trying to sell it myself.

Cheers Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts