Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1




I wondered if anyone is experiencing any problems with their LR dealer.I ordered my RRE in May for delivery in October. In June my dealer valued my Suzuki Grand Vitara as a guide price for me and said I would get approx £13000.


I went last week to talk over finance arrangements with him and he said he would give me £9000!



Feel LR are tying down customers who now have paid the deposits, specc'ed up the car and offering rock bottom prices. (and I told him so!)



I also heard (same dealer) had offered a customer £5k less for his Audi.



Anyone else experiencing similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
I was expecting this, my evoque is not due til early next year but my scirocco is up for sale now. If it sells I intend to use my vx220 for a couple of months then buy a cheap £500 banger to see me through the winter until it arrives.


I think LR have people over a barrel knowing they are desperate for the evoques and can shaft them on trade ins.



I would suggest sticking it on ebay at a low price, no offers. It will probably sell still for a lot more than trade in. You could always try webuyanycar too. Sometimes their offers are reasonable if your car is one they would like for stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Some interesting replies


I would like to add value's of potential part exchanges no matter what you drive have taken a massive drop in the last 2 months....I can speak from a real time perspective I am now selling land rover and range rover and other marques for less than what we paid for them....prior to this values had been on the up for the last 6 months....a bit like the housing market it works the same way....they will pop at some point ....and they have in the used car market of late.



I find it a little dissapointing that you guys have been given apart exchange value some weeks or months ago....from customer expectations I personally have not given a part exchange value until approx 1 or 2 months at a push before taking delivery



It is dissapointing the experience has not been managed correctly.....i do however understand your dissapointment.....by no means I or we wish to have you guys over a barrell this is not the case....i work this business day in day out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
My Land Rover dealer has told me that we will discuss a trade in price a month or two before my Evoque is due for delivery, which is fair enough, I don't think any salesperson should be giving PX quotes months in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
lulu101 said:
My Land Rover dealer has told me that we will discuss a trade in price a month or two before my Evoque is due for delivery, which is fair enough, I don't think any salesperson should be giving PX quotes months in advance.


Based on the comments i guess some have
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I was given a ballpark from my dealer (in germany).... but told he could only make an "offer" 2 weeks prior to the handover, quite reasonable I thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
reasonable until , either he hits a home run and its outside the ballpark or the ball park suddenly becomes a lot bigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Ford offered me £15000 for my Kuga 3 months ago.


Last week they offered me £11,500!



They showed me "the book" stating that it had lost£925 last month alone!My Evoque is due in Dec, so I am hoping that there may be a slight increase on the Kugaas the winter kicks in, but we will have to wait and see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I found myself in a similar position but the dealer has taken my BMW and held a £1000.00 refundable deposit ifIdon't go ahead with the order. I do have a fiesta to run about in until I decide or receive delivery. I realise that this is not an option for everyone but the BMWis a convertible and the winter is not the best time to sell or trade one.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top