Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Wish I had choice to go with someone else.....sometimes it's not that easy......not one insurer would insure my Evoque in Birmingham without a tracker - tried them all....and the RRS was worse.....they wouldn't accept the Evoque tracker so had to have a better tracker fitted.....but they do work very well....a few false alarms but glad I've got one....

·
Registered
744 Posts
This has been mentioned before. It is the postcode area that you live in. We are in west yorkshire & no mention of needing a tracker.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
Ageas , who I'm with didn't ask for a tracker to be fitted. Great as I don't want one. If my car gets stolen I don't want it back as you've no idea what has been done to it.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
As above - no tracker for me - but depends where you live I think?

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
What you saying ?
˜‚

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
No point being a superhero and living the quiet life in the countryside is there Spidey? ˜‚

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Maybe noone is stealing the red ones!!

Joking aside - a report in the paper the other day did say that the most likely to be stolen are WHITE range rovers, Audi or BMW - as shipped straight out to Africa/Middle East - where white is the preferred colour!

·
Registered
86 Posts
the beast said:
Maybe noone is stealing the red ones!!

Joking aside - a report in the paper the other day did say that the most likely to be stolen are WHITE range rovers, Audi or BMW - as shipped straight out to Africa/Middle East - where white is the preferred colour!

I read something similar the other day, the white ones are targeted as they supposedly reflect the heat better.

·
Registered
163 Posts
No tracker req for me living in s.e london but i have one installed just for peace of mind

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
no tracker for me (in kent) - with admiral.

If every insure asks for a tracker, its something you're going to have deal with.
IF you have a pano roof - you should be more concerned if the insurer covers it.....one hell of a bill if they dont. Into the thousands to have it replaced.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What ever insurance you have, your roof is covered. If it's not in a specific glass policy like your windscreen it's covered under your general insurance. However if you claim your will be liable to your full excess and a claim against your NCB will also go against you.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
am saying nothing ...

OK OK i am had an argument with direct line who insured my quite happily for over a year then i switched to NFU ... thought i would get a quote to be told i needed a tracker .. why? i didn't need one a year ago ... and then they told me 1- i was wrong and 2- i could get insured just not against theft... the point of that is????

stuck with NFU .... yes pano is covered under glass and no tracker required well this year anyway...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Watched a documentary on car theft, and swine can round round a car with a portable device that finds the tracker or trackers(some cars have more than one), and they can disconnect it quickly. Or they can get it into a shielded garage or shipping container pretty **** quick.

So in other words a tracker is next to useless. And I also agree with XZ4, that I would not want my stolen car back, especially if its in a mess. Rather would want the money compensation.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts