Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble getting insurance quotes for renewal this year. Everyone wants a tracker fitted. Can you let me know which companies don't insist on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Admiral last month, no Tracker...

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Guys - its not about the companies - its about the area you are in and the risk.......it has to be.....

I tried Admiral and i tried Direct Line - of which i know you guys didnt get asked for Tracker - But they insisted on when i asked them, as did Aviva and a lot of others.

Im in Birmingham so it must be a high risk area - not surprised to be honest.......
It has to be postcode related not insurer related.
But keep scouting - someone may accept without Tracker.

I just got Tracker Fitted - pays for itself in 2 years so i was happy !

And was impressed last night when they called me to say it had been raised more than 6ft.
Yes its on a breakdown truck !!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
How much does a tracker cost if you don't mind me asking Spider?Edited by: Mackem

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
I went for a CAT 5 Tracker with App (followed my car all day today on back of tow truck)
I had a SmartrackPro fitted for £185......that's yours to keep and can be transferred to another vehicle.
Cruncher is £149.00 per year subscription......but I saved that on premium and got 5% discount for having dashcam.
But they were brill last night and proved it works lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi All,
If you live in an area where NFU will accept you, you do not need Tracker, or similar. They may not be the cheapest, but are good and if stolen or write off, replace you car new for the first two years,
Regards
Mike

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
all depends on area not company as am with Direct line and no tracker.... move to the south you don't need one then

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went throughAdmiral and they passed me on to a sister company called Bell.

I've agreed to have driving monitor for 3 months. They post it out to you and after they have enough data will collect it. They said in most cases this reduces the cost further.

Before I did this I looked at the cost of trackers and the cost of the tracker and the yearly subscription didn't save me anything.

Edited by: gooders

·
Registered
46 Posts
just got renewal from Direct Line who wanted £225 (last year's premium with them was £178) Went on line Churchill wanted a tracker, Direct Line on line wanted a tracker, (odd as the renewal did not want one, I phoned and they said it all depends on what the underwriter wants) Anyway went onto gocompare filled in the details including saying I don't have a tracker and got a quote for £183 which is with Swinton.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fisrt I called the 3 main companies not on compariosn sites

Direct Line refuse to quote without a tracker if you phone, your age, location and other details are immaterial, they require Tracker on all Range Rovers

Aviva needed to take some details and then said a tracker was needed.

Zurich needed to take details and quoted without a tracker £473

Then I tried Age UK (£60 M&S voucher on MSE) who quoted £1,200

Then the meerkats gave me £307 for fully comp with protected no claims for 18,000 miles per year and including business use for both myself and my wife with no tracker. Paid for on my new 21 month interest free credit card and insurance certificate sent to dealer ready to collect car nextTuesday at 08:00

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
This looks like the next bit of "fun" to deal with. I'm with Churchill currently and I see that one member was with them and they want a tracker fitted. So I'm hoping that they will look on a Co7 postcode favourably. They didn't want one on my second hand pure tech but there's a bit of a difference in price when compared to new dynamic. Mentioned the question of tracker to my dealer and he said that yep he had heard of trackers needing to be fitted to Dynamic Luxes but not to Dynamics ordinaire. If any problems with insurance I shud go to him hmmm highly unlikely given various member's comments on LR insurance. If push comes to shove then spiderman's tracker looks a reasonable deal. Will contact Churchill next week meanwhile if anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful to hear.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I was speaking to Churchill the other day and asked them what their criteria was concerning their Tracker requirement. It appears that they require it on all new Evoques regardless of the variant and value. My guess is that the majority of insurers will go along a similar route in the not too distant future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts