Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered my SD4 Dynamic Coupe and im considering a tracker to see if i can reduce the insurance and protect my car from anyone who wants an evoque but not wanting to pay for it!!!

Landrover do a tracker for £400 fitting and then £400 for the life of your ownership, so £800 or do i go to a independent garage and get a tracker from them? or do i not bother and save myself some money and hassle.

Has anyone had the LR tracker fitted? is it worth the dosh??

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you go on trackers website www.tracker.co.uk they have a few products you can fit cheaper direct with them ie

<TABLE =PricingTable>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =Pricingers>Product</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>VHF Tracking</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>Movement Sensor</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>GPS Tracking</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>GSM Communication</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>RRP</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>Annual Subscription</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>Duration Subscription</TD>
<TD =Pricingers>More Information</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =PricingProducter>TRACKER Monitor</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>£361</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>£149</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>£399</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailerClick>Click Here</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =PricingProducter>TRACKER Locate</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>
</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>£462</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>£174</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailer>£399*</TD>
<TD =PricingDetailerClick>Click Here</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

you can email them with any questions. Had a tracker on my BMW and it gave me peace of mind all over europe! I intend to get one on my Evoque when i eventually get it. Onebigjobby

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Sirrah my wife had a tracker fitted to a Bette convertible when it was launch ,the insurance companies are not interested, save your money.

·
10,626 Posts
There is another one getting good reviews elsewhere, go to trafficmaster.co.uk it transferable, is recognised by Land Rover.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am in the same boat, my dealer is worrying me saying the car is still relatively rare and their could be a demand for stolen cars. JLR approved system is the Trackstar and I think it is £499 fitted for range rovers, however my dealers parts manager has offered me 10% on the item and now I'm waiting for a fitted quote. On comparison car insurance websites, the difference seems to be very small in the premium and is no where near the cost of the item and the subscription, about £20 less with one fitted!
I am hoping to get some news any day on delivery as it went into build on the 25 th November,so eventing crossed at the moment.

Our car is Firenze Red SD4 Dynamic with Lux pack and showdown wheels with black roof and privacy glass. I still haven't seen one like it on the road yet, only white, OG and black so far.

I'll post again if I decide to go for the Trackstar, but it will be for peace of mind as the saving is minimal on insurance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The dealer is trying to frighten you to get more money out of you. Insurance companies are not interested until the value gets up to 50k so any reduction in premium is minimal. There is something to be said for going the official LR route, fitting a tracker involves hacking into the wiring which may or may not void your electrical warranty. Overall, though, for a car of this value, it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had a couple of trackers fitted to previous vehicles and been unlucky enough to have one stolen.

My view is that trackers are installed for the insurers benefit, not the owners. If the insurers demand a tracker system in order to provide cover then you don't have a choice but if it's just to increase the chances of you getting your car back after some unknown has driven it, or tampered with it I'd rather pass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the end I got a tracker fitted for a deal of £145 plus £149 subscription, the cost of the insurance quotes without the tracker worked out about a £100 more than those with, so on balance thought it was worth getting. The guys fitted it at the Garage yesterday, and hopefully I get to pick it up on Wednesday.

I can see both sides of the argument, would you really want it back if its was stolen? Perhaps having it there would discourage someone nicking it if it was obvious.

Will let you know ;-)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Problem is that the Tracker manufacturers say don't display anything indicating that you've got one fitted because the tea leafs would tear the car apart looking for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts