Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SD4 2.2 Pure Tech Santorini Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, has anyone had any issues when changing wheels to a larger size or using non JLR TPMS valves?? Previous owner fitted 20” LR wheels without any TPMS valves and TPMS light was on. I had some non JLR TPMS valves fitted which worked and light went out for about 40 miles then came back on. I don’t know if it’s the system at fault or the valves?? Help!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there, has anyone had any issues when changing wheels to a larger size or using non JLR TPMS valves?? Previous owner fitted 20” LR wheels without any TPMS valves and TPMS light was on. I had some non JLR TPMS valves fitted which worked and light went out for about 40 miles then came back on. I don’t know if it’s the system at fault or the valves?? Help!!!
Car is 2015 SD4 2.2 Pure Tech

·
Registered
870 Posts
This isn't going to be much help, BUT...
I just (last weekend), bought an Autel AP200 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnostics on sale at Amazon (down to £45 - was £59.99)
These things are pretty good at diagnosing most faults - including resetting TPMS valves, but I only connected it up for the first time yesterday and to be honest haven't got a clue what I'm doing at the moment - give me a few weeks & I'll be resetting everything.
My point is - if you took this to a dealer, they'd probably charge around £70 to fix the problem with a device costing thousands but having similar functionality to this.
Here's one of my phones screenshots showing the TPMS reset option - oh yes, it does all the DPF stuff as well (y)

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,945 Posts
I just (last weekend), bought an Autel AP200 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnostics unit on sale at Amazon (down to £45 - was £59.99)
These things are pretty good at diagnosing most faults - including resetting TPMS valves, but I only connected it up for the first time yesterday and to be honest haven't got a clue what I'm doing at the moment - give me a few weeks & I'll be resetting everything.
My point is - if you took this to a dealer, they'd probably charge around £70 to fix the problem with a device costing thousands but having similar functionality to this.
Here's one of my phones screenshots showing the TPMS reset option - oh yes, it does all the DPF stuff as well (y)
Sounds good.

PS It's worth updating your profile to show your Evoque year and spec :)
That will also fix your broken signature due to the last forum update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just (last weekend), bought an Autel AP200 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnostics on sale at Amazon (down to £45 - was £59.99)
View attachment 6483 View attachment 6484
Thanks for your help. I have contacted the supplier of the tpms valves and they can try to force a re-learn on their OBD. It may also have an Ecu error code that needs resetting. They are based not far from where I live which is easy. Failing that I may need to purchase some genuine LR tpms valves to see if any difference but that could be costly. Will update with results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts