Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Does anyone know what the towing capacity of the new Evoque is? Is it capable of towing as it doesn't list a towbar on the options

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was advised on Weds when my order was put through the order bank that tow bars are dealer fit.....as are roof rails!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi all max unbraked towing limit on any car is 750kg

·
Registered
655 Posts
Tootsie said:
I was advised on Weds when my order was put through the order bank that tow bars are dealer fit.
Correct, they are dealer fit.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Haggis said:
Tootsie said:
I was advised on Weds when my order was put through the order bank that tow bars are dealer fit.
Correct, they are dealer fit.
Dealer rip rather than dealer fit. I was quoted £850 for supply and fit if roof rails, and over £1000 for the tow bar. Bought the roof rails separately and did them myself (anyone with a socket set can do it). The tow bar LR use is a rebadged Thule, at least for the removable one I wanted. Shows slightly under the diffuser even when removed, so I got an independent to fit a towtrust removable using LR wiring harness , completely invisible and compatible with and accepted by the computer, at half the LR dealer price.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Agreed - I've had towbars on all my cars with the last three being detachable - I would never use a dealer fit option. Either I can DIY or get a professional fitter in if the electrics need programming into the ECU. In my experience I get a better service for a lot less £s. My new Evoque will get both towbar and roofbars after I get it home safely

I would only go back to a dealer to retain warranty otherwise find a good independent everytime especially with the top marques JLR, Mercedes, BMW, Audi ect

·
Registered
100 Posts
You don't need to use the dealers for servicing any more to retain your warranty. As long as the garage you use is VAT registered and uses genuine parts, then the warranty won't be void.

It will reduce any 'good will' they might give you for problems out of warranty though, e.g if your engine implodes just out of warranty, the dealers might offer to pay for some of it if you have had the car serviced with them from new. They'd be unlikely to offer that if you hadn't. However, it might be cheaper anyway to get it fixed by an independent garage.

You pays your money and take your choice.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Herbie said:
You don't need to use the dealers for servicing any more to retain your warranty. As long as the garage you use is VAT registered and uses genuine parts, then the warranty won't be void. 

It will reduce any 'good will' they might give you for problems out of warranty though, e.g if your engine implodes just out of warranty, the dealers might offer to pay for some of it if you have had the car serviced with them from new. They'd be unlikely to offer that if you hadn't. However, it might be cheaper anyway to get it fixed by an independent garage. 

You pays your money and take your choice. <span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"></span>
Good point Herbie, you just jangled something in my memory about that, I'm sure it applies to repair as well as servicing, the magic words being "genuine parts". Of course some people will say it affects residual values, but like you say, you pays your money and take your chance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, it applies to any work done on the car. It all depends on how long you want to keep your car too, I think.

I have 2 Beetles (both from new). The 2008 manual has always been serviced and repaired by my local garage. They know it inside out and all the work that's been done to it, as normally the same mechanic works on it each time. It's done 148,000 miles now with no major problems. I'm keeping this one forever.

My 2012 came with a servicing pack from VW so I've kept it with them. I'm planning on returning the car at 3yrs and swapping it for a new one. It's also a [/i]lot[/i] more technologically advanced than the other one. If the other one has a major meltdown, it's essentially a mk4 Golf and there's thousands of those in scrap yards to get parts from if needed. Even a new engine or gearbox isn't hard to find or too expensive to buy. If the new one goes wrong it's likely to be much more expensive and I might be glad of the 'goodwill' from VW if it does. It shouldn't go out of warranty in the time I own it though so I should be ok *fingers crossed*.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts