Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should I be charged for a dealer fitted fixed height flanged tow bar and electrics ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think the dealer "clipped" me about $250. It may have been more. I was so torqued I threw the bill away. They gave a song and dance that it was a 4 hour job!. And that's about how long they had the car when they installed it. And it's a rather ugly receiver, mainly because there is no good place to install the electrical plug unless you want to go "Red Neck" and have a dangling plug.

I couldn't have bought the Evoque without it as I haul a trailer about once a month plus a few trips towing my boat. I don't understand why Range Rover could not have designed a rear bumper that would have "blended" more with a receiver hitch (especially the electrical connector.)

·
Registered
97 Posts
On the UK spec sheet for the accessories, the fixed tow bar and electrics cost £565 inc fitting.

Sounds expensive and I believe there is no option other than to cut through the rear bumper. The beauty of getting LR to fit the tow bar is that they should do it correctly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts