Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Girls,
Anyone had a removable tow bar fitted to Pure?
If so, I wondered whether you can see the electric connection when bar removed?
ta,
mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had a removable tow bar fitted to my Dynamic and yes you can see the electrics when the bar is removed but they are quite neat and, because the rear of my Dynamic is black, not too noticeable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Many thanks that gives me an idea, although cause I am getting Pure the rear panels are grey
Ta,
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Mike,

I put some photos of my car on the Gallery thread last Thursday - if you take a look you should be able to see the electrics on the photos of the rear of the car.
Cheers
Kay

·
Registered
226 Posts
IMHO, the RR tow bar kit is about the ugliest setup I've seen on a SUV. Actually the receiver unit isn't that bad, but the electrical plug in looks like some Red Neck work around.

I needed my installed right away so I went with the RR version. If I had more time, I think I might have looked around for something that might have been more hidden. As it is, I have a beautiful vehicle with an ugly thing hanging below the bumper.

I should also mention that it's way over priced.

Edited by: Starflyer

·
Registered
226 Posts

This is the RR towing receiver. It's a 11/4" model. The receiver bar with the tow ball was extra.
It can be found at...

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/accessories/

Click on the carrying and towing tab to see it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is very different from the tow bar fitted to mine - can see why you think it is ugly. They are obviously different in the US - my tow bar is removable when not in use so it is only the electrics that are visible and they are much neater than that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interesting. The tow bar and electrical connection are right out of the Evoque accessory book. The really ugly part is the electrical plug that is ALWAYS in sight. The bar and ball can be remove when not needed.

The only good thing about the hitch is extra protection from being rammed in the rear (especially in a parking lot.)

Edited by: Starflyer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts