Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone getting a tow bar fitted to their Evoque? I'm considering it as I might start towing a few things (like a new quad bike on a trailer). Just wondering if anyone had any advice if they are ordering one as to what type of towbar is best? I'd prefer the detachable one but and paranoid that I'd loose the trailer cause the lock would open...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dont worry, I've towed with a removable towbar on a Disco 3 and then a Freelander 2 for nearly 6 years and nothing has ever fallen off.
The removable towbar on the disco is great as when not in use there is a cover which hides the socket for the towbar and the electrical connector, unfortunatley it seems the one for the Evoque is like the Freelander, ie although neater when removed the sockets are still visible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys,

Does the evoque still require the tow bar armature to be fitted to the under carriage before bolting on the tow ball? Or is it standard on the evokes? No mention about the tow bar armature when reading about the tow balls...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Khkong,
The Evoque doesnt come as standard with any sort of towbar, there are different types available either as factory fit or as accessories to fit after delivery. Check out the Range Rover website.

Graham

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Yes, a UK LR agent stated that the LR tow balls have the armature bars as part of the kit. Think likewise if we go aftermarket.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts