Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I spoke with the (non-JLR) dealer but they just reiterated that they had never said that the surround camera system was present and following the post from PhilB stating,

"I just had a look at the configurator and it's a bit bizarre.
The First Ed comes with a drive pack and park pack as standard but neither have the 360 cameras.
That is available as a stand alone extra on other models or with a driver assistance pack but you can't spec 360 cameras on a First Edition as it stands.
Pretty weird."

I just accepted that it was never meant to of been fitted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is odd as if it's on Topix it should have been installed as that is the specification of that individual vehicle. The only thing I can think of is it was specified to have the 360 Cameras installed but they were in short supply and a decision was made not to wait. Other than that, a software issue so it is not displaying correctly which is why I wanted to check the physical signs that the Cameras are installed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Simple check for the 360 cameras on the MY 20.
One in the front lower grille.
One under each wing mirror next to the puddle light lens and the usual rear camera by the boot release button above the number plate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks Phil, had a chance today to finally look for it and no, there is definitely no cam on the front grille below the numberplate on our car. Just 3 parking sensors, nothing else. Dang! :(

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes I think that the forward facing camera in the spec is the one to do with the AEB (auto emergency braking system) on the SE Tech. Its at the top middle of the windscreen, as already stated above.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes but the op is referring to a 2017 SE Tech spec on TOPIX that says "forward facing camera" Not the "surround camera system" you are referring to.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts