Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So we have just got back into the country, saw 4 transporters carrying 6 new Evoques each, so the supply chain is going strong.

We are due to go to the dealer tomorrow and put our deposit and order in.

However, knowing what spec we were planning on, we are now aware from comments on here that there are significant supply problems, i.e. no xenons for the Pure, increased price for the pan roof, if you can get it.

So I have done some used searches and have identified at least 4 Evoques that might fit the bill apart from the fact they are not in Indus Silver, but the have the spec we were planning to order and they are physical car, some dealers are offering builds, we don't want that.

So apart from the fact it would involve a long journey to the dealers we are thinking of going down this route.

Any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
There are quite a few for sale on Autotrader. If you can find a car that has all the options you want then go for it, at least you won't have the waiting time!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's is exactly what we were thinking, but the vehicle is with a trader not a dealer and we are not sure if that presents any issues.

Well I've left a message with the dealer now along with a couple of questions and waiting their reply?

Fingers crossed.
Edited by: Evo-king
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Not really sure. You would have to check that the warranty remains the same. Worth looking into though I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
I'm quite sure that if you decided to go down this route,everything remains the same,warranty etc,etc,but I think you'd become the 2nd registered owner and therefore risking resale values later on.
Also you'd proberly pay more,for a second hand evoque than the one you'd specced brand new.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Wrecka.

The ad say 1 owner, therefore I would be the 2nd, although the plan would be to keep it for 5 years.

It is difficult to get an exact price as the RR configurator will not quote now for xenons or Orkney Grey piant, and I'm not fully sure of the remaining spec, but I could be paying up to £500 over list price.

Decisions, decisions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Orkney Grey £550
xenons £710 if I remember right, I know it was just over £700
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found a couple of others, so it looks like I'll be making a few phone calls Monday morning, I really would like to get one before December.

Nothing like jumping the queue eh.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
337 Posts
£500 over list price for the full car? Not bad if its the spec you want, worth it imo to save the wait.

Keeping it 5 yearsshouldn'tdo too much damage with the 2nd owner thing either.


I think the full dealer warranty will still apply, I've bought a year old car before and everything has been fine with the dealer and warranty work.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one I wanted was gone by Monday morning.

So now here's the dilemma, decided not to go for the Pure as there were problems with Xenons and other options.

So started to consider a Dynamic or Pure, only to hear on here that there are delays now with these models and Pure's are suddenly coming out of the factory.

However, which ever model we go for it must have xenons.

Back to my dealer now.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top