• Three Door

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, Dan
Since I first saw the Evoque I fell for it in its original form.

But, since the 5 door version was announced I'm afraid I have gone for this option, mainly for the following reasons:

1) The extra roof height.

2) Since we are (me and the wife) grandparents it would be easier to accomodate both grand children.

I have put the initial deposit down for the first run of the model but there seems to be very little info as yet on the vehicle.

I wonder if the info doesn't come soon then people will go for the new X3 or even facelift models of vehicles on a par with the Evoque.

I suggested to the Land Rover showroom that an idea would be to at least have a full size cardboard cut out of this model to allow people like myself to at least get an idea of the vehicle.

I am also waiting for somewhere to get my eyes on the models just to assure myself that this is what i want.

Regards Pat

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all,

Same as Pat. I put a deposit but I only saw the car from the outside in Paris.. couldn't get inside.. So it would be great to see and sit before choosing.

I prefer the 3 doors (some extra stuff on the hood)) but the height for rear passengers is also an important feature!.

Do you have more informations about all the options ? what is stock and optional ?

Regards
Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Heart says 3 door, but head says 5 door (family, etc.) but trying to convince the wife i might get her a 5-door next year if we like it !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Guys
Has anyone got into the back of the 3 door. I am asking as I am interested in how easy it is to get in and out, especially for those of us who are not 9 stone! Also do you know whether the back seats will fold down and how easy is this bearing there is no back door to help access them when down.

My heart is screaming for the 3 door and my heart says 5.
Any opinion from someone who has seen one close up would be appreciated.
Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the style of the 3-door and that's what I'll be ordering.It looks much more sporting and is soclose to the gorgeous LRX concept!

BTW This week my dealer told me that prices will be announced in May with vehicle(s) to see in the showroom and even a test drive! Deliveries start in September, but if you haven't already pre-ordered/placed a deposit then he reckons you'll be waiting until next year for your car...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes May is way off....March 14th, bring it on! Then March 25 for iPad 2....it's turning out to be an excellent month for shopping!?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same dilema, the 3 door is absolutely the right style for this car, and I'm not sure I could compromise to go with the family car practicality. Profile: 38, 6ft bloke weighing in at 95kg (16st.ish), married with one child (4). Previous car was aMerc. CLK, which was exceptionaly easy to access and put baby in rear child seat. Sometimes helped to have bothFr &Rr windows down and load herdukes of Hazard style, however thenon-electricfront seat pivoted forward and then up and forward, which could be a trick LR learn from. Tried the coupe at Earls Court and was frustrated by the slow speed of the electric seat moving forward. Once it was forward, entry and exit was surprisingly easy. Once in the rear seats (with light headlining and panoramic roof) was a very comfortable place to be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Having been to Earls Court I was suprised how easy it was to get in the back , notwithsatnding the slow seat motor (LR please note). I only infrequently take passengers so it was a decision easy to make.

Three door

·
Registered
52 Posts
5 door for me, I like driving around europe, and i gotta take the outlaws (inlaws).

i was told by the Evoque live crew that dealers would have Evoques this July for test drives
, but my dealer did not hold out any hope for July
, we shall see.

·
Registered
74 Posts
3 door all the way! What is this nonsense about 'needing' 5 doors to get kids in and out. When we were growing up, 3 doors were all the rage and part of the fun as kids was the hop in and out!! Anyway, I'm afraid that my kiddywinkles will just have to get used to it - I prefer style over practicality!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seriously, the only concern I have for my 4 year old is that even with a child or booster seat she'll only be able to see birds and aeroplanes through the panoramic roof. The window line in the rear is really quite high. Aww am I going soft and compromising practicality over style! No, No, No, 3 door coupe it has to be.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh rubbish - the 2 extra doors need a reduction in price it changes the look of the car so much. If you are going for 5 dr Evoque, you would be as well ordering a Q5 or X3 and getting an accurate order date :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nah...5 door still looks great with the right colour and wheels.

with the panaramic roof it will be a great place to be.

I can't understand the £1000 premium for 3 door.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I wanted a 3 door sports hatchback that was 4 x 4 and could do X country.

I got one!

Getting in the back is not as easy as on a lower car, but otherwise ok. But if you have limited mobility due to hip of knee problems it might be another issue...

1 - 20 of 108 Posts