Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just found that one of my remotes doesnt have the little metal key in it. Can these be bought from Timpsons/key shops or is it LR only?

·
Premium Member
68 plate HSE Petrol Dynamic p250
104 Posts
Not sure ?? have you another in the 2nd remote ?? assuming you have both remotes ? .. you may be able to get one cut but would need the correct blanks .. most probably from my experience would be back to land rover due to the current car crime we have in this country, but I am sure someone will be along soon with better info than me

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, if you have one then you can use this website Car Keys Online and pick the Blades from the drop down menu. You can take a photograph of both sides of the key and they can cut one and send it in the post. I used them to do my spare key a couple of months ago and it works perfectly!

Reactions: Bonerp

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,793 Posts
Hi, if you have one then you can use this website Car Keys Online and pick the Blades from the drop down menu. You can take a photograph of both sides of the key and they can cut one and send it in the post. I used them to do my spare key a couple of months ago and it works perfectly!
That wouldn't be a service I would use...
Giving someone a key and address sounds open to abuse. The initial supplier/company may be trustworthy but so many data breaches makes it look like a risk not worth taking to me.

A quick look at their website shows it's incomplete (i.e. none of the links in their social media have been completed) so I can't help but wonder how they work, no phone number and the email/photo goes via another third-party company...

I am a worrier though ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
That wouldn't be a service I would use...
Giving someone a key and address sounds open to abuse. The initial supplier/company may be trustworthy but so many data breaches makes it look like a risk not worth taking to me.

A quick look at their website shows it's incomplete (i.e. none of the links in their social media have been completed) so I can't help but wonder how they work, no phone number and the email/photo goes via another third-party company...

I am a worrier though ;)
Yeah I get what you mean. They’d have to find mine in one of the local garages first to be able to steal it 🤣🤣

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,159 Posts
We rely on the security of the locked car to keep the thieving bar stewards away from the OBD port.

So take care who you trust with that key.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
68 Posts
Y’all got me paranoid now 👀

·
Super Moderator
8,952 Posts
I don’t even trust Mrs V with my key!

Reactions: AllanG

·
Registered
466 Posts
There'a a KEY ???? :eek::eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,952 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been in contact with a different online key / blade retailer.
They can cut you a replacement if you know your unique code, which apparently only the dealers are privy to. So if you have a helpful dealer....
I don't, so I'm going to email jlr & ask the question - will advise how I get on.
That said, the retailer also suggests buying a blank blade & getting it cut by a local key cutter who can trace the one that you have.
Way less risky than providing info to who-knows-who👍🏻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts