Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some some friends out last night. As I had some red wine my wife drove home and I decided to sit in the back seat.
I looked up and thought I had too much red wine! There is a 20cm crack just above my friends head! Don't know how long it has been like that but it certainly put some dampers on our nice evening.

Anyway I have been reading these forums and knew I had to insure with LV. I called them this morning and was directed automatically to Autoglass so gave my details.

I am now waiting a call back but was told that Autoglass usually come to you to do replacements.

Does anyone know if that is true for the sunroof? The lady on the phone could not advise me. I would have thought it would be more than a one man job. Do they need to remove the headlining?

Thanks

Edited by: sjsp_pure_tech

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Sorry to hear your news. The only thing I can confirm is that Autoglass cut back their operations quite severely a few years back. They closed their depots and the fitters that are left effectively work from home hence they come out to you. Be interested to hear how they deal with a pano roof replacement. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
Also sorry to hear your bad news. I wouldn't think that's a job that should be done on the driveway. More like a bodyshop type job.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear about the cracked pano roof.

As XZ4 says, I reckon it is a bodyshop/dealer job rather than by a windscreen replacement company.

Good luck!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would have thought so too. Effectively the whole interior wants sheeting up to stop any debris.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, today is D-Day - taken 2 weeks and the new roof is here. Autoglass has sent a 2 man team, each with his own van. Not enough space on my drive so they are doing the work in the Village club carpark behind my house. Personally, I don't think they want me to see the procedure. They do need to remove everything, from the overhead console, interior lights, coat hooks, you name it. They said it is a 6 hour job. So I will be popping over and checking it a few times. Hopefully do some photos too.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,891 Posts
Nice pictures sjsp, really interesting to see the new part with blind and motor attached.
Hope it is well fitted with no damage to the interior or exterior!
Keep snapping away.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hope it doesn't rain in the Meantime....Nice Pics

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
241 Posts
No Wonder there are "rattles" in the Roof Lining, judging by the amount of stuff up there.....!!!!

Nice to see the Walk-through.....!!!!

I've not got the Pano-Roof myself, but looking @ what's involved, it's no wonder that some Insurance Companies don't cover it with a Normal Windscreen Policy!!!!

I don't think that I could resist watching the Process if it was me...Just too nosey by half......!!!! Would've pitched-up a Deck-Chair & Thermos & just Watched!!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Note to myself & others. Next time sit and watch what the technicians are doing. They are not taking diligence and care whilst doing the work. Sharp tools left in the cupholders, muddy footprints, damage to the aluminium trim on the centre console.. They have not finished yet and neither has my inspection. Just been onto LV Complaints and they transferred me to Autoglass. Had a discussion and lodged my complaint with them. Lets see how they rectify it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Unfortunately it's only a "Car" to them....& they do this Day in & Day Out On our Pride & Joy's....

Doesn't matter to them whether it's worth £300 or £30K....

Hope you get it resolved to Your Satisfaction......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
especially when they are using the cupholders as their toolbox and workbench :(

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, good to see it being done and whats involved.

Sadly no workman will ever take the care you would yourself sadly, they need to get it done and will be on a time limit too, and it looks a really involved and awkward job, not that that is an excuse of course.

We'd love it to be perfect, but it's an intrusive job.

Hopefully you can easily rectify any damage caused. and that all is well with your new roof!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My mate is a windscreen fitter and he's done a few of them now. A right bugger by all accounts. You have to be particularly careful with the blind as the rollers are sprung loaded. Give it a good testing and make sure yours works correctly afterwards as that's where most problems occur after replacing the roof glass.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm never having one , too much hassle.

Glad your getting it all sorted and keep us upto date with your complaint and how they deal with it

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
I hope you get things sorted out.

Thanks for the pictures & info

I just hope mine never breaks

Edited by: XZ4

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, someone from Autoglass is coming next week to inspect it. On further checks, I can see that the rear qtr plastic panels are not clipping in properly on the drivers side. Also noticed that there are finger marks on the rear of the seats and it looks like they have been standing on the sills to fit it. come to think of it I did not see a step ladder nearby when i went to check up on them. Sigh!

I don't think I would want to purchase a car with a pano roof again and dread to think what to do if it cracks again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts