Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a 'diesel exhaust fluid dosing fault' message with a mileage countdown until the engine will refuse to start. This prompted me to look in the dash settings and noticed that the pig pee will need to be topped up in 500 miles. As I already had a 10 litre pack of the stuff in my workshop I decided to top it up and put about 8 litres in, being careful not to overfill the tank (why didn't JLR give us a dipstick for gawd's sake?) This has not cancelled the error message or made a change to the 500 mile pig pee top up message.
Is there any way of resetting this module? I am hoping that I don't need to get it booked in just for a software reset (for an extortionate price of course) if I can take fuse out or kick it somewhere to reset it myself. Also, does anyone know where the pig pee injector sensor is? I have read that it tends to crystalise and can be cleaned to solve this kind of problem.
As always, any help is appreciated 馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
About 50 miles so far - getting nervous now with only 450 miles left :eek:

Registered
2020 D150S manual
Try this,
NOTES
The check engine amber warning lamp may illuminate after a refill. In this event, start the engine, run for approximately 30 seconds, and then switch off the engine. Do this three times in succession. See CHECK ENGINE (AMBER).

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Try this,
NOTES
The check engine amber warning lamp may illuminate after a refill. In this event, start the engine, run for approximately 30 seconds, and then switch off the engine. Do this three times in succession. See CHECK ENGINE (AMBER).
Thanks for the idea Andy - sadly it didn't work so I had to bite the bullet and book it into the main stealer for a diagnostic next week (all my local indies were fully booked until after Christmas!). They told me that it will cost 拢155+vat just to plug it in! I can only hope that it is something simple like a software reset :unsure:

Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX Waitomo grey Manual
Where do dealers get their pricing from, on our recent trip to the dealer to investigate an incorrect quality DEF detected warning after they themselves topped it up they quoted 拢96 inc vat just to diagnose, they acknowledged topping it up 5 weeks previous but would not admit fault until we agreed with the diagnostic fee which they said may or may not be chargeable depending on the findings, I told them in no uncertain terms am I not paying anything regardless of the findings to repair a fault that has occurred after they topped it up and caused the fault through the apprentice over filling the tank

They fixed it and didn't charge us so I assume it was their fault

Registered
If you had a "fault" message then it needs more than topping up, which should get a "fluid low" message. The most likely cause is a blocked DEF injector. This is quite easy to sort out by removing the injector from the DPF unit and clearing the hole. I'm afraid I don't know if a software reset is required, as I had this done (on a MY16 DS) by Landrover Assistance, who told me it was a very common fault. The message I got was "incorrect DEF fluid" though, so might not be the same as yours.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
The message briefly said something like 'incorrect quality of fluid' for a few minutes but then went to 'dosing fault' quite quickly. This certainly suggests that the injector might be the source of the problem. Does anyone have a picture of the DPF and injector? I might be able to save myself a tidy sum if I can simply remove and clean it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick update - I took the car into JLR and after their initial diagnostic they said it was overfilled with Adblue (possible I suppose as there isn't any way of knowing where the level is) and needed a 'reset' whatever that means. Anyway I am back on the road again but sadly over 拢300 lighter.
Could have been worse I suppose :cautious:

Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX Waitomo grey Manual
See my post above, did you top it up yourself or did you use the dealer @拢29.95 to top up, we always used the dealer exactly because of this scenario, the warning can be because it was overfilled and as it happens when I told the mrs this she said the apprentice asked her how much he should put in, he didn't know so just preceded to 'fill her up' then of course we get the incorrect quality DEF but that isn't the fault, Hunters Inchcape Derby know it and so did I, they didn't charge us a penny because they knew we were right and they accepted the apprentice overfilled it but they wouldn't admit to it

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Alas, I hold my hands up to this one. I topped it up myself thinking that 8 litres was about right (I had a 10 litre can ready and waiting) However I still maintain that wasn't the problem but cannot prove it either way. What a daft design fault thought - who would design a tank which needs regular refilling without a level gauge or even a dipstick! :rolleyes: 拢300 for a software reboot - daylight robbery!

Registered
I鈥檝e always only added 6 litres when low as Ive been so frightened of overfilling.

I鈥檝e got one of the JLR screw on 2l bottles that I refill with Halfords ad blue and touch wood no problems.

Nigel

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a good idea for my next fill up which should be in about 13,000 miles apparently (y)

Registered
Does anyone know if the adblue top up is free at dealers during warranty period?

Mine says it鈥檚 needed in @ 1100 miles.

Registered
MY15 2.2L
Free with a Service Plan.

Registered
MY13 dynamic 190 5 door - firenze red
iv a transit with ad blue, and used to work to a ford dealer, the amount if people who use 'any' brand adblue and expect the same results is shocking.
every time they came in with faults it was poundland and b&m crap,
dont dare say its all the same. i had 78k on my tranny without a fault, always ford labeled adblue and iv 15k on my new van.( yea, i know they dont make it, nor pads or clutches or bearings) while b&m pi** was in at 2k - plus from customers and the idiots just repeat offended 馃幎time after time馃幎.
my TaTa evoque is an old girl and doesnt take it. ( if i was religious , thank the lawd)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts