Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

How long did you have for a test drive? On this forum and others I've seen people talk about half day or all day test drives. Is that possible?

I'd be much happier getting a decent amount of time to drive the roads I normally drive during a day at work.

thx

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had about half and hour with dealer also. Best just to talk to your dealer and see what they are prepared to do...

·
Registered
208 Posts
At the dealership we ordered fromwe only got a very short test with the salesman in the front passenger seat, but, while waiting for our delivery, we had another test drive at a different dealer. The second dealer let us have the car on our own for as long as we wanted, and it was us that limited the time to a couple of hours purely because we had to get home. The difference in policy between the two dealers was amazing. If dealers are prepared to let you go out for a prolonged test on your own, you get a much better impression of the car without distractions, although we 'wasted' a lot of the time sitting in a lay-by playing with the gadgets. (Of which, I have to say that the reversing camera and associated display is excellent).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our dealership (TH White in Wooton Bassett) let me have it all day & I could have kept it overnight. I bought 12 months ago a Disco 4 so it's much better to have loads of time to test & play & I think they were/are very relaxed about this & realise the benefits.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Testdrive, half a day and even longer if i wanted.

Metropool-Noord - Belgium

friendly guys, bus as usual not a lot of info since order

Prestige, 5-doors, Havana + lot of extras. ordered november 2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They offered me an extended test drive with the sales man but nothing longer. They said their insurance would not allow it and they had 2 cars stolen in the past. Both local dealers have been the same which is pretty poor when I'm spending £35k

·
Registered
77 Posts
gazrobsuk said:
Our dealership (TH White in Wooton Bassett) let me have it all day & I could have kept it overnight. I bought 12 months ago a Disco 4 so it's much better to have loads of time to test & play & I think they were/are very relaxed about this & realise the benefits.
Full marks to TH White, they're our dealer and have been brilliant.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Me too, T.H.White in Wootton Bassett let me have as much time as I needed. A few hours in each of the test cars was great around the roads of Wiltshire - such a contrast from trying to test drive around Bristol.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pommyboi said:
They offered me an extended test drive with the sales man but nothing longer. They said their insurance would not allow it and they had 2 cars stolen in the past. Both local dealers have been the same which is pretty poor when I'm spending £35k

When we had a long test drive on our own, my wife and I were asked to sign separate insurance forms, which didn't happen when we had the earlier test at a different garage accompanied by the salesman. Presumably that covered them for the additional risk. Why all dealers can't, or won't, offer the same is a mystery.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Probably about a half hour in the Seattle area. However, I was hooked after driving it about 500 feet! The sale man came with me. My previous VW purchase was from a dealer who let me take the car on my own. IMHO, a very strong selling style. I think the dealers attitude on how the do the test drive is based on a credit check that they do while they're "making a copy of your driver's license". The last two times it seemed to take a lot longer than what it takes to copy a driver's license.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts