Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone is tempted to sell their recently bought Evoque for a profit, while used car values are so high ? This second hand, lower spec car is currently for sale at £8,500 more than I paid for mine brand new !!!

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,504 Posts
It's all relative though isn't it unless you plan on downsizing?

Reactions: Pete 408 and 4ndy

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not downsizing....but have been offered a stunning new Velar P400e HSE for £70k. Apparently it's a cancelled order, hence the discounted price and no wait for delivery. An upgrade to a brand new Velar P400e for only £15k plus my Evoque sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,504 Posts
Putting it that way (y)

Reactions: Veteran and 4ndy

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks PhilB, I have had a look on there and found some useful information...but it's nothing like as good as this forum. Might have to keep my Evoque just so I can stay on here! 😊

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,504 Posts
I think you pay an annual subscription if you want to remain on the forum without an Evoque, I'll send you my bank details

£9.95 a month which gives you full access to all the forums

·
Registered
176 Posts
To answer your question, my bro-in-law recently sold back his e-Pace for only a grand less than he paid for it. the garage rang and made him an offer. He's bought a new Suzuki off the shelf, because he's strange like that...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't really want to sell my Evoque but the high offers I've had for it recently are very tempting and I do love the idea of a brand new hybrid Velar One possible solution is to get the wife to part-ex her car in against the Velar....I just need to persuade her that we actually need two Range Rovers. 😅

·
Registered
MY13 2.2 SD4 Diynamic AWD 5dr
534 Posts
Must admit, I thought about it. So I could buy a couple of salvage (Cat N) Evoques and do them up, sell one, keep one 😉

·
Super Moderator
9,941 Posts
Instantly banned if you sell up & buy a Velar 🤣
Thank goodness that doesn’t include Jaguars or ZX4 & myself would have to leave too 😢

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Jags come under rule 754s paragraph 47 Sub section j. “ Any member who dares leave the forum faces an instant ban, unless they have purchased another JLR product”.
It’s my understanding that many have found a loophole here by just buying a Range Rover Brolly 🤔😁

Reactions: Whoever

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
Instantly banned if you sell up & buy a Velar 🤣
Jags come under rule 754s paragraph 47 Sub section j. “ Any member who dares leave the forum faces an instant ban, unless they have purchased another JLR product”.
It’s my understanding that many have found a loophole here by just buying a Range Rover Brolly 🤔😁
Velar is a JLR product 😉

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Doh! 🤦‍♂️

note to self. I must start reading my own posts 😵‍💫

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
14,057 Posts
Or just remember what you said previously 🤣

·
Super Moderator
9,941 Posts
slight technical problem with R R brolly. I conned one out of them also my Jaguar brolly. however I believe rule 754s, paragraph 47- (sub section j*) cover this?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I think that was in the later amendment 🤪

1 - 20 of 52 Posts