Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 P300e
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I’m a new member and just wondering if anyone else has also experienced the following issue. I think this vehicle is one of the best I’ve ever owned after 2 months and 1800 miles, the only issue so far is an apparent TCU crash which I worked around as described below (I don’t have the time to take to a retailer and followed method used on a Jag XE I found on another forum with an identical problem a couple of years ago).

I noticed journey recording stopped working for 2 days and when I tested the b-call assistance button it just flashed with no connection to call centre. The remote app also was not receiving any updates from the vehicle via the central JLR server. I self-diagnosed a TCU fault so removed the relevant fuse for about 15 minutes, then reinstated. This triggered a theft alert notification message to my phone so I rang the call centre to let them know it was a test. The TCU started working again with new journey recordings and b-call was working. The missing journeys did not show up on the Incontrol website or remote app, so it appears the TCU really had crashed. Another effect of removing that TCU fuse was that vehicle goes into Service Mode for a few hours so remote app won’t allow remote actions. Obviously it is better to get a service agent to do resets but I didn’t have the time available.

JLR CRC confirmed that there are no known TCU issues/updates to apply on my particular model and VIN. If I experience again I will be getting a retailer to check for any logged fault codes.

Any comments or sharing of similar experiences would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
7,335 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum . I can't really comment but just wanted to say HI :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.