Evoque Owners Club banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
Well spotted. Yes will it will be expensive but it is done once and can be ignored for probably the life of the car. The good news is you have saved the cost of labour which was 拢500 for me and that was at an independent garage, not a main dealer. 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
EGR Valve & Cooler arrived and after 200 km test drive they are working well. There were not anything special at installation phase. I have reset EGR learned values but according installation instructions from Pierburg, this can be done by longer test drive also.

If somebody like to have any details, please post to me and I try to help.

Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
Well done a good job.
How easy was the EGR and cooler to remove? I have heard it is difficult?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well done a good job.
How easy was the EGR and cooler to remove? I have heard it is difficult?
When you follow steps in Topix, it鈥檚 not too difficult - only it takes some time. As there are some pipes and connectors and you are not sure how they need open, it will take a day to remove all, and another day when you put all back in place. Any special tool are not needed, only a good selection of sockets etc.
It was a bit difficult to open temperature sensor, because it was seized but I made 鈥渟pecial tool鈥 for that.

During test run I noticed that front wheel bearing is noisy 鈥 new bearings are already ordered and changing of those are the next job.

Photos of old cooler and the seal
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wood Automotive exterior

Chainsaw Saw Automotive tire Helmet Wood

Special socket for temp.sensor opening
Automotive tire Font Asphalt Cylinder Automotive exhaust

21 - 24 of 24 Posts