Evoque Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
12 months on after I set trip A when I picked her up my average is only showing 32.9 .over 6400 miles covered.mostly short journeys and a few odd long trip at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Wow e11 that is disappointing.
I have had mine from new almost a year and 9,500 miles. Each fill up is enter in to the "Gas Manager" app on the iPhone and it accurately calculates MPG with less hassle than a spread sheet.
My average is just over 41mpg, the trip on the car is a little more optimistic by 1 or 2 mpg.

Do you drive it like you stole it?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
36.6mpg was my best ever.Edited by: Evogirl

·
Registered
580 Posts
Barton Evoque said:
12 months on after I set trip A when I picked her up my average is only showing 32.9 .over 6400 miles covered.mostly short journeys and a few odd long trip at the weekend.
8800 miles since new now my average on trip A is showing 34.2mpg this was set from day one I picked it up.
Best mpg was on a trip up to the lakes in October 43.2mpg for 250 mainly motorway miles.Edited by: Barton Evoque

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Been at Farmoor today just outside Oxford. To my surprise the fields were flooded but roads were dry and quite light of traffic - I think the news made everyone stay at home.
Took the motorway then some A and B roads home, 90 miles later 49mpg.

It's excellent, the comfort and prestige of a Range Rover, the confidence and capability of the Land Rover 4WD systems and the economy of a Mini - What's not to love??

·
Registered
588 Posts
CBW that is very good mpg? How do you get Eco mode? Is that unique to the pure ? I have an sd4 and I can only get 32mpg with mixed driving

·
Registered
580 Posts
Eco only comes on when in start/stop mode when you come to a holt when engine cuts out..

·
Registered
588 Posts
Ok thanks Barton so if you don't have start/stop you don't have Eco mode. Not sure how I could anywhere near that mpg without driving in neutral ??

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Rich, I think those of us with 6sp autos can only dream of mpg like that! 32/33 is about as good as it gets, for me anyway and that's on long runs too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
HI Recordman. I think CBW is a 6 speed manual. Would having a manual make that much difference to the mpg. Even with driving at a constant 56mph over 100 miles I doubt we could get close to that ?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I agree Rich. From what I've read the 9sp auto has a much higher top gear than the 6 sp auto. Something like 1500 rpm at 70mph, whereas my 6 sp is about 2000. Perhaps the 6sp manuals have a similarly high (1500 @ 70) 6th ratio too? Perhaps CBW could enlighten us?

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
My old 6 speed auto was dreadful on fuel, but I put that down to the constant changing up and down it did.
My manual version is a lot better, but I have never got close to CBW's figure!

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hi Guys
I wasn't sure what the rpm was at 70. Paid attention today and it is just under 2000rpm.
So similar to the auto 6 speed but a long way off the 9 sp. I'd be interested if the 9 speed really is 1500rpm @ 70mph
Cold weather and short runs really does affect the mpg.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
CoolBlueWhyte said:
I'd be interested if the 9 speed really is 1500rpm @ 70mph
The 9 speed I was lent for a few days was indeed 1500rpm at 70 mph.
Cheers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorcerer said:
The 9 speed I was lent for a few days was indeed 1500rpm at 70 mph.
Cheers.

I'm betting that the SLIGHTEST pressure on the pedal immediately results in a downshift from the 9th gear. Also betting it won't hold 70 MPH on more than a VERY slight upslope highway in the top gear.

That said, for the easy pedal driver, I would certain assume the mileage is better. I would also assume trading in a used 6 gear machine for one of these 9 gear drivers will NEVER save enough gas to justify the expense of buying a new vehicle.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've not seen any evidence of TD4 returning lower mpg than the SD4. Quite the opposite actually. My TD4 has averaged over 38mpg across 42k mile in the last 2 years. A majority of the posts on here from SD4 owners are moaning about not getting over 32

·
Registered
226 Posts
With the price of an entry level Evoque at around $50K in the UK with the vat tax and upscale Evoque models in the US $50-$55K in the US, I'm wondering why anyone owning one of these vehicles would be complaining about the mileage (diesel or gas)? There must be several econo boxes that would fit the bill for less frequent stops at the pump if you want to keep your wallet in your pants.

And can ANYONE point out another SUV in the same size that gets better mileage than the Evoque? Do you REALLY think Range Rover designs their vehicles so that the oil companies can sell more fuel?

As per the new 9 speed transmission, it's not designed for "locking" in the 9th gear at 70MPH+. The ONLY reason it's offered is to qualify the vehicle for a better EPA (US) rating or whatever system that is used in the UK and elsewhere. Yes, it's going to be downshifting like crazy on the slightest hill or acceleration. And as a previous poster states, you will NEVER make up the difference with buying a new 9 speed model verses keeping a present 6 speed model (assuming the 6 speed model has no major repair problems lurking around the corner.

I don't plan on selling my '12 Pure Evoque for a long time UNLESS I'm really smitten with the new Porsche Macan. However, I think my Evoque looks better than the Macan from the pictures I've seen so far. The Macan will not be release in the US until later in the year.

Edited by: Starflyer

·
Registered
631 Posts
If anybody is feeling really frugal how about aVolvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid?

150Mpg... ah.. sorry forgot to mention the£43,775 price tag.... for a V60. TheHybridpays for itself in 8 years...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/volvo-v60-plug-hybrid-first-drive-review

81 - 100 of 100 Posts