Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I understand both sides of the argument but maybe we should start considering how many SMGs we get........that's Smiles Per Gallon.........I get hundreds!

·
Registered
6 Posts
ED209 said:
beckfordboy said:
ED209 said:
beckfordboy said:
Why are people complaining about the MPG? if we can't afford to run top end 4x4s DON'T buy them.

What a terrible elitist attitude to have.

I wouldnt really class the evoque as a top end 4x4 either.

I can afford to run it easily, i have no finance on the car, it's all mine however if the combined figure for fuel economy was 30mpg I wouldnt have bought it, the combined figure was 49.6 and i would expect to get within about 10% of this. At the minute i struggle to get within 30% of the published figures.

I couldn't careless how you funded your car.

But you clearly do as you said that we shouldnt buy them if we cant afford to run them. To be fair your attitude stinks.
Pot...Kettle ! Wow unbelievable

·
Registered
154 Posts
don't worry beckford boy some people just look in the mirror and start an argument. how sad living grumpy and picky. life's too short

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cheer Steve64, I wasn't being nasty to anyone all I was saying what's the point of complaining about an extra say £200 a year on fuel compare to what the manufacturer stated for the MPG when we know it's never accurate and it's not the manufacturer's fault it's more the regulators.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Alas, the additional cost is a bit more than that. I was surprised when I calculated it.
Based on 16k miles p.a., and diesel cost of £1.45 per litre the difference in the cost of fuel for the year between 35mpg and 45mpg is £658.30

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bodlyfunctions said:
Alas, the additional cost is a bit more than that. I was surprised when I calculated it.
Based on 16k miles p.a., and diesel cost of £1.45 per litre the difference in the cost of fuel for the year between 35mpg and 45mpg is £658.30
and over 3 years thats nearly £2000, not really a small amount of money is it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Land/Range Rover - equals - Economy

No I don't think so.

Recent history of the marque, is showing increased MPG with every new model, and there is no doubt that the Evoque is better than the rest, as it should be. But one has to be realistic, it's a SUV not a thrifty little town car. Two completely different type of vehicle, If you want economy then buy a more suitable vehicle.

·
Registered
219 Posts
brinv8 said:
Land/Range Rover - equals - Economy

No I don't think so.

Recent history of the marque, is showing increased MPG with every new model, and there is no doubt that the Evoque is better than the rest, as it should be. But one has to be realistic, it's a SUV not a thrifty little town car. Two completely different type of vehicle, If you want economy then buy a more suitable vehicle.
I think you are missing the point, nobody expects the evoque to average 70 mpg like a small eco car.

We know its not going to be the most economical car on the road, we simply expect it to achieve mpg figures remotely close to those that it is meant to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To be honest, I have not looked into the quoted MPG figures, because they are always wr.., less than truthful. I have always thought these are really there as a guide, on what could be achieved in the perfect world. But unfortunately we don't, we live in the real world, with various standards of fuel, in which some give better results than others. It is not only the way the vehicle is driven but what fuel type and condition is available. All adds up or detracts the fuel economy.

I know from my D4 and Defender that some fuel from one forecourt works better in one vehicle than it does in the other. Both diesel engines, but totally different MPG.

It does seem that the average MPG stated here, is not that consistent, this again could be due to fuel type.

Just because it says diesel on the pump, it's not all the same.

Plus we do not all drive the same way, some of us have quite a mean right foot, and others a light touch, hitting the balance to get it right every time is almost impossible. Especially if you like to drive, feel the vehicle move over the tarmac/grass/snow or mud, every road is an adventure to enjoy.

I do not feel that I have missed any point, but understand that fuel economy is an issue to some, the only way to achieve or get near to, the figures issued, is to drive the same vehicle, with the same fuel, over the same tarmac, in the same weather. All these factors have a bearing on fuel economy. Just keep trying, the older the engine gets, it does eventually reach a happy point where fuel economy is consistent, only trouble is that's when we sell it. Then it starts to fall away and get worse again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just done 200 mile round trip mixture of motorway and other roads driving within or at speed limits and got average (as displayed by car) of 44.3 mpg.
Td4 manual.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 2 cents...

I have a US 2.0T petrol model (automatic). It's rated here at 28 MPG (again US gallons) for mostly highway driving. I just recently did a 330 mile highway trip mostly using cruise control set at 60-65 MPH. I would estimate that this journey involved maybe 30-40 miles of city driving.

The computer reported that I got 28 MPG. Doing the math the old fashion way, I came up with 26 MPG on this trip. In the past, the few times I checked, I've found the computer figure to be about 1 MPG high. Perhaps the additional MPG was due to a tad more city driving thrown into the mix. Regardless, the computer mileage is fairly accurate.

·
Registered
480 Posts
and i thought the starter for this topic was "*** No chat - just post MPG ***" !!!!

42.3mpg

first 200 miles over a hot weekend with the climate control on all the time.

and for all the discussions going on, as well as fuel quality, i believe air quality and temperature can make a difference too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wagamum said:
Picked up my car last week and have been keeping a close eye on the MPG.

Did 68-70 mph all the 25 motorway miles to work and achieved 38MPG.

Tried going around80 today to see what happenedand achieved only 33MPG. This was even with lots of "careful" driving andcoasting downhill etc

Am really disappointed as I bought this car with the expectation that I'd begetting closer to the published MPG - I'm not even getting the published"urban" level of 42 let alone the extra urban level of 54 and all I do is careful motorway driving!!
I completely agree and feel really misled my Land Rover.
I bought this as a replacement for my wifes previous car (Fiesta 1.4 TDCi !!) and although I wasnt
expecting anything like the combined 60mpg that it would return, I was hoping
for a tad more than 38mpg on a careful 70mph motorway run!
My RR sport used to do 35mpg !

They must literally pluck their MPG figures from thin air....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Try driving at 60-65 mph. I believe the mileage will improve significantly.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Bodlyfunctions said:
it does. 42+ if you only drive on flat, straight dual carriageways without wind or traffic. its a lovely drive...
In a perfect world driving under these conditions Im sure I could achieve near the official figures.
As it is, driving from London to the Cotswolds (lots of ups and downs with some wind and rain too ) I achieved 44 plus.
To get the best economy its a bit like competing in strictly come dancin' - light on your feet boys and girls!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Weekend drive of 291 to LondonAverage speed 49
37.9 MPG
Climate control on

Pure TD4 manual 2.2 in Fuji white, tech pack, powered tailgate, pano roof, fogs, with ebony. Ordered 24/04/12. Build date 27/07/12, delivery hopefully 07/09/12

·
Registered
472 Posts
Goodness! You drove 291 miles at 49 mph and only got 37.9 MPG?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Maybe I need to learn not to use my right foot soaggressively!!

41 - 60 of 100 Posts