Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the fuel consumption figures quoted on the Landrover Evoque Build and price site when you click "view full specification" on the 5 door SD4 and TD4 manual options are the same!!!!
http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/build/
also the TD4 emissions are shown as 170 whereas the SD4 shows 149

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had it confirmed by the dealor the sd4 and td4 are the same C02 emissions so are same tax code. I'm still debating whether to get the TD4 or SD4 cause mpg is important.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 week old today, first full tank of fuel returned 39.7mpg in all round driving. Best single trip was a round trip to work (60 miles) on motorway and A roads and returned 43 mpg.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Picked it up today. 1st run from Yorkshire to London averaged 42.1 mpg - what a dream to drive!!!
Motorway driving mainly on cruise at 73mph.
Happy with that for its first 250 miles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my car last week and have been keeping a close eye on the MPG.

Did 68-70 mph all the 25 motorway miles to work and achieved 38MPG.

Tried going around80 today to see what happenedand achieved only 33MPG. This was even with lots of "careful" driving andcoasting downhill etc

Am really disappointed as I bought this car with the expectation that I'd begetting closer to the published MPG - I'm not even getting the published"urban" level of 42 let alone the extra urban level of 54 and all I do is careful motorway driving!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Wagamum.
there are lots of similar posts on the forum with the same dilemna. I, like you cover similar travel of motorways and bought my Evoque for a good deal of motorway driving.
bear in mind that you are still running in the engine. most cars will 'loosen up' after about 5000 miles, and you should start to see these figures inprove (I am living in hope of this as 38mpg is ok for now, but i really need to be closer to 42mpg as i am paid by the mile).
I picked mine up on Tuesday this week and have just done a 450 mile roundtrip to London and including 3 hours of stop-start around the city, the trip averaged 38.8 - calculated manually, not via the trip computer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Bodlyfunctions,
What does your trip computer tell you that you are getting out of interest? Just to see how accurate it is.
I have done approx 1000 miles now in just over two weeks. Trip computer A reads the total mileage the car has done with an mpg of 40.3, whilst Trip B is measuring this current tank of fuel and is measuring 44.6.
I have quite mixed driving although up to half is motorway and I have "tried" to drive steadily and around 70.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Bolsox.
its pretty close actually. It is reading 39.4 - but i have only done 500 miles so far, though finding it difficult to not create reasons to go for a drive!!!!
If this increases by 10% as it loosens up, i wont be too upset at all.
It's fuel costs that worry me more!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Granted, I'm sitting on the other side of the "pond" where gas (petrol)/diesel goes for $4.5 a gallon. Rumor says we may soon see $5-$6 gas. I should note for those who don't know that we don't have either the diesel or manual option here. And of course, the fact that an imperial gallon is more than a US gallon (20% more).

With 2000 on the "clock", my overall average is 20 MPG. I have seen close to 28 MPG on limited access roadways. While it's a bit "anal", I'm keeping track of my mileage with an iPhone app called AccuFuel. If you have an iPhone, you might want to take a look at this app.

What I don't understand is all the complaining about gas mileage with a vehicle costing over 40000£. I could understand it IF fuel was rationed. If you can afford the upfront price, why would 5 or 10 more MPG make any difference. If it does, perhaps you should be driving a Prius, at least on your daily commutes.

I could care less about the mileage of my Evoque. It's a joy to drive. And yes, my wife has a Prius (50 MPG) if I had to pinch my pennies.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Starflyer. For me, and I cannot comment as for others, I bought my Evoque not only for the MPG but many factors. That said, I travel 20k+ miles per year, and am re-imbursed by my business at a rate by the mile. MPG is part of my consideration, as is road tax, residual value, look, feel, quality and many other factors.
However MPG is the bitt that makes me money. Yes, I could drive a Prius. But I don't want to. I could live on a trailer park. But I don't want to. In regards to cost, your estimation to the value of my car is about 25% out.
Great to hear your views though. We all think differently!Edited by: Bodlyfunctions

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bodlyfunctions said:
I bought my Evoque not only for the MPG but many factors. That said, I travel 20k+ miles per year, and am re-imbursed by my business at a rate by the mile. MPG is part of my consideration, as is road tax, residual value, look, feel, quality and many other factors.
However MPG is the bit that makes me money. Yes, I could drive a Prius. But I don't want to. In regards to cost, your estimation to the value of my car is about 25% out.
My 40,000£ was a figure I see bandied about from UK drivers. I just did the math my $51K US Pure with most of the Pure options. Assuming you had the "sister" to my rig, in £ it would be more like £31.7 out the door EXCEPT for your VAT, etc which would boost the price.

On second thought, the higher cost of fuel in the UK would definitely make one look for the best mileage, especially at 20+ miles per year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi ED209, What kind of driving are you doing? 35 does seem a bit low. I an averaging 40 doing a good mix of roads and drives. Have 4k on the dial now, so maybe that's why? Aircon makes about 2mpg difference too!

·
Registered
154 Posts
maybe i'm different from some, but who on earth buys a 4X4 with economy in mind. if you want to get good economy there are many euroboxes and pseudo 4X4's to choose from. I'll forgive all just to have a car that I love rather than "transport"

·
Registered
161 Posts
Steve64,I so agree with you, why are people buying 4x4 (furthermore Ranger Rover) if they arehaving economy in mind. I've always driven top end 4x4 and couldn't careless about the economy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
To some people a published 40+mpg is one of many considerations for a purchase.
What does it matter what make it is?
If it said on paper it cost £35k then it actually cost £50k, I would suggest you might feel a little differently?
It is more the ethics behind mis-leading published information that I think some people are contesting?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts