Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
440 Posts
Yes the the First Edition has over £5k of optional extras fitted, but only has the reverse camera and rear view mirror camera, but no surround cameras.

There are posts elsewhere on the forums discussing that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very much appreciated. There will be other questions. Just need to sort tailgate first.
FYI, I thought car came
Tailgate on my new Evoque still poorly aligned after two attempts by dealership to adjust. Told it complies with LRJ tolerances. Where can I read about these tolerences? Any advice would be helpful.
Funnily enough over on another forum (for C4owners) someone asked me, on behalf of their neighbour, what my First Edition tailgate fit is like.

I replied with this photo of mine, as it came off the transporter.

View attachment 6294

The photo he sent me of his neighbours 20 plate, that had been dismissed by the dealership was particularly bad. My own Evoque seems fine (as above).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes the the First Edition has over £5k of optional extras fitted, but only has the reverse camera and rear view mirror camera, but no surround cameras.

Here are a couple of pictures The blue spacer is 3mm. Alo you can see how far it is out by the angled picture.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Here are a couple of pictures The blue spacer is 3mm. You can see how bad the alignment is. View attachment 6296 u can see how far it is out by the pictures

View attachment 6296 angled picture

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
@Flyfisher Did you try twisting the rubber tailgate stops to adjust things as I suggested?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No, but definitely will. Need to get car out of garage when it stops raining!
Probably am tomorrow now.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes as @HmmmUK said you may be able to fix this by adjusting the rubber adjusters, mine was out of alignment the other way as in the boot was lower at one side

·
Registered
BMW M4 Competition & BMW 730 M-Sport
997 Posts
Funny this, I when I checked out a few L551’s on Autotrader I noticed many of them seem to have poor alignment of the lower tailgate...I thought it was standard JLR?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Will give this a go. So, do you just twist the rubber stoppers or is a screwdriver required? Too much and the catch may fail to lock it. Just thinking aloud.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes the tolerance on the L551’s tailgate is to the nearest inch or it’ll do !!!! 🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The moulding/tooling for this tailgate is clearly wrong. From reading posts Problem is well known by LRJ. Ostrich comes to mind. Wish I'd known this before buying one.😩

·
Registered
101 Posts
No tools needed for the rubber adjusters, just unscrew to bring the boot out, screw in to take it in

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok, thank you. Look forward to trying this adjustment in the morning. As I mentioned earlier, wonder if technicians already tried this? We'll see.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
Don't forget to update your forum profile @Flyfisher so people can easily see which model Evoque you have as it helps others to see this :) Poke about in your settings - you can do it!

When I bought mine I adjusted both the bonnet and tailgate by twisting the rubber stops.
The bonnet adjustment was causing the 'bonnet not closed' alert, but quickly cured by a twist.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I will do exactly that snd hope to see an improvement. LRJ had my car for a week. In my opinion it still looks hideous, particularly when considering cost of the Evoque First Edition.
Actually, I have some sympathy for the technicians for reasons I've outlined. Something about the tailgate or the aperture squareness makes this an unenviable task to align.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I've now adjusted the rubber stops. They were virtually maxed out already without falling out.
Marginal improvement but now catch won't engage so scewed stops back in for now.
Is there an easy way to get to and adjust the catch?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
I've now adjusted the rubber stops. They were virtually maxed out already without falling out.
Marginal improvement but now catch won't engage so scewed stops back in for now.
Is there an easy way to get to and adjust the catch?
Everything can be adjusted. But as this is a new vehicle if I were you I would let the dealer do it!

🔔 Don't forget to add your vehicle details to your forum profile to make it easy for people to see what Evoque you've got - it helps with queries...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks, that makes sense even though this matter has taken up an extraordinary amount of my time already.
Will add my vehicle details as soon as I can fathom how?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The catch can be adjusted, you would need to pull upwards the plastic trim it’s held on with about 6 poppers and unplug the 2 x connectors for the trim led’s if fitted, I would then go around the boot latch with masking tape so you don’t loose it’s original position.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks Mable. I'd like to do this but agree with hmmmuk. Also seen a tube where most of the poppers snapped. Worst case scenario I may try this. Meanwhile I've reported issue to LR, case raised, 'solutions executive' to make contact.
Any further opinions welcome.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts