Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tailgate on my new Evoque still poorly aligned after two attempts by dealership to adjust. Told it complies with LRJ tolerances. Where can I read about these tolerences? Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
213 Posts
Could you post a photo ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine was lower at passenger side and hung down below the side trim but drivers side was perfect fit, dealer said it was I big job and they would need car all day, so I decided to have a go myself, I lifted the tailgate undid the passenger Side bolts on the hinge and just moved it towards the car by the distance it was low, then the striker bar on the boot latch would not line up so I had to move this slightly to the right, all lines up now perfectly.
Few weeks later car was in for recall tech guy said he was glad I’ve done it because no one wants to do them !!!
Maybe I was just lucky but once I noticed it I couldn’t un see it 🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Will try but not up to speed with IT. For now, the bottom lip of the tailgate is 3mm out of flush with the side panels eg: appears as if recessed in and needs packing out?

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts
Funnily enough over on another forum (for C4owners) someone asked me, on behalf of their neighbour, what my First Edition tailgate fit is like.

I replied with this photo of mine, as it came off the transporter.

The photo he sent me of his neighbours 20 plate, that had been dismissed by the dealership was particularly bad. My own Evoque seems fine (as above).

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
437 Posts
Which dealership did your car come from?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Apologies, above whats app forward sent in error. Said IT skills low!
?!? - FYI you can edit your post and delete that image!
Could have been worse I suppose 🙄

It's worth updating your forum profile with year and spec so people can see what Evoque you have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would prefer not to say where car was purchased as in the middle of goodwill/legal issues!
Why do you ask?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Its only that the photo I was emailed showing the poor tailgate fit, showed the 20 plate registration number and the supplying garage - no worries.

I only wondered if you were the same person, as it seemed a coincidence that was all.

What model and spec is your Evoque?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Thanks, Will try but not up to speed with IT. For now, the bottom lip of the tailgate is 3mm out of flush with the side panels eg: appears as if recessed in and needs packing out?
There is some alignment/adjustment that can be done by simply turning the rubber stops on each side of the tailgate.
This might be all it needs...

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
Thanks hmmmuk, I'll try and get this deleted. New to this, so embarrassing!
If you are on a PC just use the EDIT option which you can find in the 3 dot menu >>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Rencar,
Yes, my neighbour helps me because of my limited IT skills.
Car is same as yours I believe:) p250 First Edition; Auto; Nolita grey. 5079 wheels.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think your neighbour sent me a photo of your car tailgate and it is indeed a poor fit!

I can easily post up the photo of it (with the number plate and garage name edited out) if it helps to show others the extent of the poor fit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your kind offer. Don't want to jeopardize any goodwill gesture to settle this matter. So hold off for now!
I'm on a mobile phone, can I delete posts on this?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sure - will do.

To edit - same three vertical dots as mentioned earlier and then choose Edit on your own post

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks deleted. Simple when you know what to do.
I will try the adjustment on the rubber stops and get back soon. Left me wondering if the technician had tried this possible remedy?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Any questions about the New Evoque or in particular the First Edition, do just ask. We're a friendly bunch here!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very much appreciated. There will be other questions. Just need to sort tailgate first.
FYI, I thought car came with 360° parking camera. Alas, another misunderstanding.
Thanks to all.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts