Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am waiting for the Evoque to land in Australia and honestly can't wait!

I own a Labrador and was wondering if anyone has tired putting their dog in the back of the Evoque? Is the boot space big enough and suitable?

Thanks
Brett

·
Registered
219 Posts
I hope so as I have a lab as well! Having seen the boot on a freelander on which the evoque is based I cannot see there being a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 2 labs, both large-ish males around 40kg each. They both fitted in the boot of my Freelander2, admittedly though it was a cosy fit. They have enough space to stand up or sit or lie down as they choose, but not enough space to move around, which is good as it encourages them to settle during a journey. Visually, the boot space in the Evoque looks the same as the FL2 and I am not anticipating problems loading my dogs when I eventually take delivery.

·
Registered
79 Posts
rvsvet - several years ago as a new parent we decided we needed a bigger car so bought a Touareg for carting all the tonnes of baby 'equipment' around, the deal breaker at the time was would the push chair fit in the boot lengthways leaving a decent amount of space for other stuff.

The best thing for you to do is to take your dogs to the dealership ask them nicely to open a boot and see what happens and if they look at you like you've gone mad - remind them of the very essence of Land Rover and what their brand stands for.

The boot is clearly definately smaller than an FL2. Not saying you wont get your dogs in but its going to be a squeeze for sure and in whatever way is possible.

Edited by: rob.angus

·
Registered
41 Posts
My lap sits on the back seat. I'm afraid that the dog will scratch the rear bumper.

Tonight I'll try if she fits in the back.

·
Registered
97 Posts
rvsvet,We have no dogs but we spend a lot of time doing outdoor activities and was concerned when we ordered our Evoque that the boot might not be big enough.
We need to fit in camping stuff, bike stuff and an inflatable kayak. This all fitted well in the FL2 with the kayak taking up half the boot. To satisfy our minds, we took the kayak to the Manchester dealership and they let us pack the boot.

The "usable" space is smaller than the FL2 but not by much. The width (as you look at the boot from the back is very similar (although no little cubby holes as in the FL2) and the height (up to the parcel shelf) also similar. The depth was noticeably less by something like 5 inches. The main thing that will probably effect your dogs would be the height up to the roof of the car. This is a lot lower than the FL2 so your dogs will have a lot less standing room.

The only other comment is that on the FL2, the boot door is vertical meaning that when it opens, it creates (as good as) a shelter to stand under with great access (also ideal for sheltering when it is raining and you're putting up a tent!) but the Evoque boot is no where near as vertical so your dogs headroom might be restricted.....

Anyway, I've read this back and have decided to get a life and stop looking at car boots! Hope it helps someone though...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, we have a Guide Dog puppy (7 months but big) and she is a cross lab/retirever. We have a 'Travall' dog guard plus a divider that splits the boot in 2 plus a rubber boot mat. She has loads of room and quite happily sits up looking out of the windows.

I know you can also get a bumper guard but wasn't able to source that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 2 Finnish Lapphunds ( approx. 20 kg each) & they fit snuggly. They sit when I close the boot & it comes down almost resting on their noses. They tend to then lie down but can move about a bit. Think it may be a squeeze for labs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have two big golden retrievers and one fits neatly but two at a squeeze. They are used to traveling in a much bigger boot and we will use the Evoque to transport them only occasionally as they didn't really appear happy. I have the rubber mat fitted and the full dog guard and I also found a fantastic product called a Boot Buddy Bumper Protector from bootbuddy.com. This is a flap which fits with Velcro onto the carpet under the rubber mat and I just flip it out and it covers the back bumper area as the dogs are going in or out of the car and then flip it back in again, totally avoids the dogs scratching anything. We also got one for our other car and the company make them to fit your car model so it's not one size fits all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I bought a hammock style protector for the back seats. We have 2 big dogs and like to be able to belt them in with harnesses. The boot is pretty small for 2 big dogs, and we are a no "two-legged" kid family.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My lab goes in the back no problem, As soon as the boot is open he is in! without having to be told.

I got the travall dog guard which is tip top and far cheaper than the rr one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts