Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
You forgot to say start stop tech was a function imposed on us drivers by law, and almost as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Same goes for TPMS systems that again were imposed on us, when you can easily check a tyre pressure with a gauge. And if that is not bad enough, they ensure that you have to retain it working properly or its an MOT failure.

Rant over :D

(TPMS=tyre pressure monitoring system)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, got a new stop/start battery under warranty and it works. A bit different To my old golf as evoque needs a foot on the brake to keep engine off. economy i up though!

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
As far as I'm aware all Autos need the footbrake on for stop start to work. In manuals the car has to be in neutral and when the clutch pedal is pressed the car restarts.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
When mines in dynamic all the lights go red the car really tightens up great on bending roads ... it sounds different too and is faster imo
same on my F-Pace. In dynamic & sport all the interior lights & dash goes red, everything tightens up - same as my backside on the country lanes!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Big downside to Stop/Start is that it forces you to sit with your foot on the brake pedal which is very anti-social to anyone sat behind you, especially at night when they are left blinded by brake lights & usually indicators in their face. o_O

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Mk2 has the brake hold feature so you can sit there without having to press the brake and not dazzling those behind.
Unless of course you want to......................:D

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
What? annoy other road users--YES bring it on matey!!!! Mines a company car so doesn't have indicators, brake lights, lane awareness etc etc
Wait until I get My Multi function LED headlights on the new Merc-then razzle dazzle-oh yes.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Well, got a new stop/start battery under warranty and it works. A bit different To my old golf as evoque needs a foot on the brake to keep engine off. economy i up though!
Big downside to Stop/Start is that it forces you to sit with your foot on the brake pedal which is very anti-social to anyone sat behind you, especially at night when they are left blinded by brake lights & usually indicators in their face. o_O
just turn the gear selector to N. This applies the brake so no blinding lights, stop start is on, foot on brake, re-engage gear, engine restarts off you go 😀

·
Registered
292 Posts
What? annoy other road users--YES bring it on matey!!!! Mines a company car so doesn't have indicators, brake lights, lane awareness etc etc
Wait until I get My Multi function LED headlights on the new Merc-then razzle dazzle-oh yes.
Another good one to bring some tension to those behind is as the lights change and with the brake on just pop it into reverse for a second or two.
:ROFLMAO::D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi Vet, if I select N I do not get any brakes on unless I apply parking brake, so if I stop on any gradient I have to put brake on & select N to take any strain off of gearbox (which causes drag & lowers the RPM) or sit with footbrake on which at the very least is wrong or at best is VERY bad road manners/driving. especially for any driver behind at junctions or traffic lights, certainly after dark when it becomes positively dangerous because the brake lights+ tail lights & possibly indicators will temporarily blind the driver behind. o_O

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
My mistake Bazz, I meant “P” :rolleyes:

·
Registered
662 Posts
No Probs Vet, have a good day.;):cool:

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
What you saying? Lol

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Loved the motorists, fair game

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
As for brake lights on at traffic junctions, well we all do that in Scotland as far as I can see, and I do it also for safety reasons.

A few years back, i was at the lights without the brake lights on, just hand brake, and a dozy git (early morning) who was asleep at the wheel and was heading for my tail end at 60 MPH and not stopping as he did not see me to the last second, and luckly he just shot into the opposite lane, shot past me and the red traffic lights and kept going.

Ever since then, I want those three brake lights blazing, so other drivers know I am there.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts