Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered a Dynamic due for delivery mid March. It has 20 inch shadow chrome wheels. Does anyone know the tires that will be on the vehicle ad anything about them insofar as snow use? We live at a ski resort in Montana where we typically get 400 inches of snow per year.
Thanks
Bob & Sylvie

·
Registered
100 Posts
According to Topix my car has MICHELIN tyres.
I guess you get what ever they have in stock at the time of build.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is what I gathered and why I thought the forum might have better information. We are trading in our much loved Defender I bought new 15 years ago and it has duel sport tires. I am hoping the Brtish realize we have more than drizzle here in Montana.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine are Pirelli.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is amusing! You fellw enthusiasts in ownership have tried to be very helpful, but there seems to be no definitive answer. I have been confused to see expressions such as Lux and Plus and so on. I have no clue what they mean either. I paid list over $60k including a hitch we added on a vehicle originally ordered by the dealer which I snagged when it was shipped. I guess I am lucky because it was what I wanted and I did not need to wait as long as many of you, but replacing the Defender is a very hard emotional pill to swallowI pray the Evoque Dynamic stands up to the challenge.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
174 Posts
The options list varies from country to country. I checked the US options list, which is limited to two if you take the prestige. I have about 20 options when selecting the same vehicle. The lux pack is not available here either, unfortunately as it has a very competitive price, compared to having to shell out around to 10.000 euro if you want to have the rear entertainment system here.

The winter tyres are not an option on the order system, but could have been a dealer one. So you should have asked him.
Edited by: Cedric

·
Registered
45 Posts
You would think that for you guys that live in the corners of the world with harsher climates than Liverpool where they are built. The tyre choice would be high on the list of things you could pick. More so when you think that for all the 4x4 control, ABS technology and the suspension system. The true fact is the only thing thats keeping you on the road is around a 4 inch square piece of rubber on each corner of your car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not understand how your note helps. As indicated, I did not sit down with a salesperson and order the vehicle. Rather it was a vehicle ordered by a dealer about 400 miles from my home. That is he closest dealer. The dealer did not specify tire type and I thought the vehicle would have a standard tire type which this forum could address. Of course a person can order Blizzak snow tires and have them installed at delivery. I do not change tires by season and was trying to find out if the vehicle has a standard all weather tire. The dealer did not know.
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 20" wheels come standard with Michelins and the 19" wheels come standard with Continentals - there is no way of choosing different tyres when ordering, you'd have to do it in after-sales.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah -thank you Ranger4. Finally the answer I have been looking for. The vehicle we ordered has 20 inch shadow chrome wheels so Michelins it is.
Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're welcome. I assume it's the same for all countries. I've just come back from my dealership and noticed that there were Scorpion tyres (Pirelli) on some of the cars, so they must have been 18" ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And where are you located? I am in Big Sky,Mt in the US. Going to the dealership for me is a large undertaking requiring 400 miles through mountain passes We have a wonderful mechanic's shop within 50 miles who services our Defender and summer car which is an XK8, but Land Rover has denied premission to use him to perform warranty service on the Evoque. He services hundreds of Land Rover vehicles in the general area and all of us customers hold him in very high regard. that sort of thinking by LR is disappointing. I hope the vehicle will not require much warranty work.
Best
Bob

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry, but my 19" are Pirellis.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So, every Evoque has... standard
20" = Michelin (factory)
19" = Pirelli / Conti (factory choice?)
18" = Pirelli (correct?)

can someone sort this out please

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know then, I've never heard of anyone being able to choose the tyres that they get. I just reckon they must have shortages occasionally.

I have only personally ever seen 20" michelins, 19" contis and today one set of smaller Pirelli Scorpions - 18/17s(?)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My shadow chromes came with summer tires, and I heard all the 20's are coming in that way. Obviously not good for you, or for me in Chicago. So for the winter, I replaced them with Bridgestone Blizzak's from Costco. These babies grip like crazy. (see my post under Winter Tyres). Plus the dynamic setting for snow/ice works like a charm. You will be quite pleased. ps the stock tires are dynamite during good weather. The car, by itself, hugs the road with its wide, low stance. There are some nice winter aftermarket toys to attach to your roof, as well. Enjoy. pps, my dealer is charging $3,000 over list price for the 4 doors, they cant get them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts