Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently joined this forum as I am involved in a campaign to have the defective bolts used in the steering rack of the 12-18 plate evoque recalled or at least fixed for free should it happen to you. We have a Facebook group with lots of information including the actions we have taken so far. The DVSA are currently concluding their second investigation into this matter.
I would be really interested to hear from you if it has happened to you. If you would be interested in telling your experiences in my group that would be amazing. Was it fixed for free? Did you have to fight for a free repair? Were you in any danger when it happened? Did you receive your evoque back in a timely manner? Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,009 Posts
Hi - use the forum search as they are lots of posts on this, including the FB page :)

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,701 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,701 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
The most up to date thread on this subject is here:

What was surprising for me in the most recent cases reported on here (included on the ,inked thread) is that an owner was asked to make a contribution to the costs....luckily he had a 3rd party warranty which picked that up, from memory his car was no longer serviced in the JLR dealer network but my view is that as this is not a serviceable item it should not matter what the service history of the car is ?

Otherwise people with access to the information on here seem to be getting the free "goodwill" repairs but some things stand out:

• dealers are often stating that they do not know of this issue......I mean come on.....some obviously do and even if genuine surely JLR should have a technical bulliten formally addressing this, how far under the carpet do they really want to sweep it....that leads onto the next "issue"
  • the stress owners have until they get confirmation that the issue will be covered by JLR......to my mind there will be an element of uncertainty until its ascertained that it is this issue that has caused the fault but the first point coupled with a "will they / won;t they" makes that a massively stressful time for most owners. Again a clear precise remediation policy known by dealers that can be relayed to owners can address that to a large extent even with the caveat that the issue has to be dignosed first ie they will not cover any old steering defect due to normal wear and tear.

To me JLR can;t have it both ways ie they either do a proper recall or accept a FOC repair without any drama or required "goodwill" which implies discretion......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that :) we have the original Canadian recall link in the group. And all other relevant information. I am looking for more people who have experienced this to give us their experiences.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
There was/is a petition for this steering rack failure fault (somewhere!!) which might be helpful.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
384 Posts
Well done for taking this on Samantha. 👍
Keep us updated on how it is going.
(Sorry, I don't do facebook)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have recently joined this forum as I am involved in a campaign to have the defective bolts used in the steering rack of the 12-18 plate evoque recalled or at least fixed for free should it happen to you. We have a Facebook group with lots of information including the actions we have taken so far. The DVSA are currently concluding their second investigation into this matter.
I would be really interested to hear from you if it has happened to you. If you would be interested in telling your experiences in my group that would be amazing. Was it fixed for free? Did you have to fight for a free repair? Were you in any danger when it happened? Did you receive your evoque back in a timely manner? Any help would be so greatly appreciated.
Hi, what’s you fb group page. My steering rack has failed and is currently in LR to be investigated. Awaiting their reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, what’s you fb group page. My steering rack has failed and is currently in LR to be investigated. Awaiting their reply.
The more you know the more you are likely to receive a gesture of goodwill towards payment.
If you haven’t found the group yet. Type into the search bar - Evoque & Dicso Sport steering rack/EPAS failure advice and recall campaign.
That’s the group name. Sorry it’s happened to you :/

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,009 Posts
Using the info from @SamanthaGuyan's other posts it looks like this:
Facebook Groups

Not sure why it should be 'private'? Perhaps it could be made public.

...SG has posted while I'm typing :)

People: Please remember to add your vehicle year and spec to your forum profiles!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Using the info from @SamanthaGuyan's other posts it looks like this:
Facebook Groups

Not sure why it should be 'private'? Perhaps it could be made public.

...SG has posted while I'm typing :)

People: Please remember to add your vehicle year and spec to your forum profiles!
Thanks for posting the link :) the reason why it’s private is because if it’s public, people will come to view the information they require and leave without joining in some instances. A lot of time and research has gone into what we have done so far and we would prefer people stayed to keep up to date and take an active part in some of the things we do If they choose to, like recently when we sent a message to watchdog together for instance, which was more powerful than receiving one complaint.

·
Registered
Evoque SE Tech 2015
1 Posts
My steering rack failed a few days ago too and is currently at the Landrover garage, they have confirmed that this is the issue but as yet have not said that the repair will be done free of charge. They did however quote the repair to be £2,866 plus VAT and have sent a communication to the Warranty dept and awaiting an answer. My Car is out of warranty, it is a 2015 SE Tech. I would be interested in knowing how others got on with this too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My steering rack failed a few days ago too and is currently at the Landrover garage, they have confirmed that this is the issue but as yet have not said that the repair will be done free of charge. They did however quote the repair to be £2,866 plus VAT and have sent a communication to the Warranty dept and awaiting an answer. My Car is out of warranty, it is a 2015 SE Tech. I would be interested in knowing how others got on with this too.
Hi,
I got my 2015 Evoque repaired for free. My car was also out of warranty. This happened mid feb and got it back 5 days later.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
See the above thread ⬆ Make sure you also inform DVSA regarding this failure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts