Evoque Owners Club banner

261 - 280 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Maffy JLR called him today to say it’s all ready etc , I’d already picked it up and was home ... the poor guy was ringing to see if happy with everything and he just went on about how can you justify 350 pounds for a inspection please explain it too me , you have access done all the work and mots and services etc your familiar with the car , he began getting annoyed so cut it short ,they said they had used there limit of goodwill on my car , which it must of cost them a few quid, for labour and hire judging by what a inspection costs

too be honest I’ve read through a few warranty sites tonight and most recommended ones coming in at 7/8 hundred

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Do the 3rd party warranties require an inspection or perhaps a wait before you can claim (so not a full year)?

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Instant cover with most good ones hmmmuk.... too be honest it’s a minefield if I do keep it I’m ringing a recommended landrover independent this weekend and see if they deal with anyone directly! It’s not too far away and don’t charge JLR prices and it’s there x techs that work there

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Donna, that could be the one then-Fingers crossed for a good result for you , but until then-legs crossed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats. Out of interest, have you had a warranty?

Donna is lucky one to keep Disco so no rush there.
Had no Warranty. Previous owner had taken out service plan with their JLR dealership. Having had my car serviced with my local JLR dealership probably helped in dealing with them - especially since it was serviced only 4 months ago and no mention of bolts/steering rack potential problem - the corrosion must have been evident by then.
Service manager showed me the invoice they submitted to JLR - £1,995 for parts & labour.
Have submitted DVSA.
Thanks again to the Owners Club members help.

Adam

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Keep a good record of all that transpires, you may need it in the future.

Best of luck. (y)

·
Registered
27 Posts
It’s an RAC warranty by ALA if you hit quote and type in your reg it gives the some different warranty choices
I’m looking into extended warranty & had pretty much decided on RAC Platinum Plus. Thought I would check out some reviews on Trust Pilot and Money saving Expert first. Really glad I did, the reviews are horrendous. BEWARE

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Have a look at warranty direct had a quote of 425 any garage no hourly limit that was adding on all options😜

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have a look at warranty direct had a quote of 425 any garage no hourly limit that was adding on all options😜
Thanks Donna. Looks good, I got quote for £1045 for three years with all the bells and whistles. All the reviews look far more favourable than RAC too 👍

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
I looked at there reviews too ....think there’s a issue with there gap insurance company they used going bust but the warranty side looks promising , thinking of getting it this weekend as I’ve decided to keep car another year after spending two weeks looking at alternatives, it’s only done 26000 miles and is in tip top condition ,so persuaded him to let me keep it ....if you see anything better on your search let me know please

·
Super Moderator
2,365 Posts
Yay, glad you're not off to the German brands Donna, think it's the right call in my view.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
I’m here for another year .... can see Ben at CRC banging his hand off his head ... shouting whyyyyyyy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,
Reversed my MY16.5 Evoque SE off the drive this morning and turned to align with the road. Selected 1st gear and pulled away, straightening up the front wheels then no power steering and horrible screeching/ grinding. Was a nightmare trying to get the car back off the road.

Guessing it’s the bolts. Booked the car in at Stratstone Stockton for next week. Got to get the car there first. Hopefully armed with the info from this site will help. If there’s any spare parts available.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Please can we get new (& old!) members to put their car details in - perhaps this should be mandatory for membership, as it saves time asking what model, year etc., each time!!
Rant over!!

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Hi boltby ... I’d get in touch with JLR complaints ASAP , there the ones who authorise the dealership to carry out repair! I take it you’re out of warranty ? I had to get AA to get mine to dealership once I had spoken to complaints ... the dealership have to do a test diagnostic on it that I said I wasn’t paying until JLR had ok,d the complaint
Like claybuster says it good to know model and year... warranty or not so it helps others the thought of a 3k bill for this is wording for some so the more scenarios of particular cases the more it helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Donna, thanks for all your advice in a thread I found after posting this. Really helpful and I will follow to the letter, great useful information.
To fill in the blanks, yes - warranty is now expired ☹, have owned from new, got 5 yr service plan but expired as at 51000 miles, though dealership have honoured all oil dilution problems right from the start.
Stratstones @ Stockton sold me the car, have done all the maintenance and last MOT on 25/02/20.
Have always been looked after well by their professional, understanding approach. Given the legacy of this documented problem and members contributions here I hope to update soon and positively.
Great support here, when your pride and joy lets you down, this site picks you up again.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I do believe this is the first MY16 evoque with this rack problem, I might be wrong but upto now its only been the first gens that this seemed to affect

261 - 280 of 320 Posts