Evoque Owners Club banner

241 - 260 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Would you dare try & take it off her????????

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Yip still got the disco bus .... glad someone else has read this and saved themselves 3k ... that’s 2 people since I started this thread it’s helped ... lol they have there’s back as well ....
Maffy what sort of commission should I charge on a 3k saving😂😂😂😂
Probably why Landrover are wanting to charge me for pre warranty inspection .....even though they have serviced and maintained it and MOT,d it ..... really £284+vat.... and a mot inspection £50 .... who dreams up the pricelist

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anybody know if the replacement racks are fitted with revised spec bolts, or are the replacements liable to the same failure after a few years corrosion? If they've revised the spec when did they start fitting them to new builds, or haven't they yet. Anybody asked?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
That -- Col_C, is a BLOODY GOOD QUESTION (y) (y) (y) Maybe someone from JLR can/will answer that. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
You would like to think so ...but judging from there inability too change the position of DPF filter in new model and not rethinking it ... then I doubt very much they have!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Does anybody know if the replacement racks are fitted with revised spec bolts, or are the replacements liable to the same failure after a few years corrosion? If they've revised the spec when did they start fitting them to new builds, or haven't they yet. Anybody asked?

In my original post about the recall (Canada) the fix says:

"Dealers will replace the aluminum mounting bolts with coated steel bolts and will apply a corrosion-preventative sealer around the gear housing and connecting bolts. If a bolt is found to be broken or breaks during the course of the repair, a replacement steering gear will be installed."

So hopefully the UK (and new vehicles) are using coated bolts and sealer...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
We Live in Hope!!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
In my original post about the recall (Canada) the fix says:

"Dealers will replace the aluminum mounting bolts with coated steel bolts and will apply a corrosion-preventative sealer around the gear housing and connecting bolts. If a bolt is found to be broken or breaks during the course of the repair, a replacement steering gear will be installed."

So hopefully the UK (and new vehicles) are using coated bolts and sealer...
So, read your original post, that would imply MY18 onwards should be ok if JLR have responded with an update (mine is MY18 but 1st reg 11/17 so could be either I guess :rolleyes: ).
As Bazz says - we live in hope.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Well I’m off too pick mine up tonight all fixed and windscreen done too .... still have no warranty as other half refusing to pay for inspection ... got a feeling he will want to sell it now.... he is done with the brand .... I’d like to keep it another year will look at third party warranty at weekend .... looked at rac one but don’t understand all the small print it’s like there’s get out of jail cards all the way in these warranty companies ... just want one that if broke it gets fixed ..but don’t want ripped off in meantime and I’m afraid Landrover is a bit of a rip off ... 2 hours inspection = £350 no parts etc
And all this because they didn’t call back for mileage ,,,
I’d just about talked him into buying new evoque at end of year.... p250 hopefully there would of been a used one around by then now I’m stuck with him wanting away from the brand completely because of the reliability and pricing ... surly after having car serviced and motd through Landrover dealership and being in for this repair and the fact that he wanted the warranty and they didn’t follow up phone call is a bit harsh.

oh well can see myself in a Audi in a few weeks time ...not happy about it he has looked at a 2019 A4. Black edition with virtual cockpit etc for me I hate it .... don’t want a merc or bmw again .... don’t really like the A5 , looked at a few discoveries but he only giving me a 28k budget for cash .... need to find a bullet proof warranty quick the more I think about it the more I want to keep mine ,, get it detailed for the better weather coming up and I’d happily keep it

·
Super Moderator
2,364 Posts
Guess it's not surprising given what you've been through, Maybe make him realise for the cost of simply a warranty (And maybe a detailing) he gets to keep the rest of the £28000 ;) and you stay happy!

Hopefully someone can advise on a good 3rd party warranty they've used.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Good advice @PhilSkill
The warranty costs vs changing the car is a different ball park.

Plus the cost of a calendar and highlighting pen so you don't miss renewals :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Went to get in my 15 evoque this morning and the steering has locked terrible noise if try to turn it and it not going anyway. was fine when i parked it last night? how does it go over night? called AA came and looked said had similar one only last week. car currently with local JLR awaiting them to look at it. Think it this common fault. I presume not under warranty as car 4.5 years old. Are JLR now admitting there a fault and paying for the repair? I have a new evoque on order due next month and really can't be paying out £3k for a car that's only 4.5 years old and done 50k miles, full JLR service history. the garage said they can not look at it until Monday which is already annoying. I mentioned there appears to be a common issue and the service receptionist not saying anything. should i be phoning land rover complaints or anything?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hi. Went to get in my 15 evoque this morning and the steering has locked terrible noise if try to turn it and it not going anyway. was fine when i parked it last night? how does it go over night? called AA came and looked said had similar one only last week. car currently with local JLR awaiting them to look at it. Think it this common fault. I presume not under warranty as car 4.5 years old. Are JLR now admitting there a fault and paying for the repair? I have a new evoque on order due next month and really can't be paying out £3k for a car that's only 4.5 years old and done 50k miles, full JLR service history. the garage said they can not look at it until Monday which is already annoying. I mentioned there appears to be a common issue and the service receptionist not saying anything. should i be phoning land rover complaints or anything?
Yes.
Read through the thread, there's lots of advice. LR are 'fixing on fail' so don't pay.
Also, make sure you report it via DVSA (links in thread) so a recall might be introduced.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I agree with HmmmUK. Don't pay & report toDVSA. :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks I have just reported to DVSA going to phone Land Rover on number given tomorrow. I also had a leaky window last year was told window not sealed properly. Let’s hope JLR agree to pay and they recall them. My car was on drive but I presume it could happen when driving which is scary to think of.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
As I think gets mentioned in the thread - the bolts seem to fail when under pressure when parking etc. But yes, not good!

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
A 2015 with broken steering and leaky window ..... sounds like mine , I suggest you ring Landrover complaints and get a case number under way .... ask for JOE he was really nice and mines all fixed and home now as from tonight .... just tell him Donna says I’m not too pay and I want a big full fat disco like she got while I’m waiting for it to be fixed ... I think they offered my dealership £50 a day towards car hire ... god knows why they gave me a brand new 60k HSE for last 4 weeks but not complaining ... plus the inside of car has had a full valet as well,

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Phil been offered 22k for mine, he has been offered a 69 plate Audi black edition with virtual cockpit and 1200 miles on it for £24500 his way of looking at is that the time he pays warranty for a year probably service and mot and pre inspection .... and most of all the hassle .. he finds it easier to just buy me this...it’s not what I really want but driving 4/5 k miles a year is not much and does it warrant spending more ?
I feel a bit ungrateful for him offering it as lots of people might love a car like that , it has all the toys etc , but just don’t like it 😱

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
You just stand your ground Donna, yes a nice offer but a woofters car it must be said.
Tell him a new Evoque or is is now celebate moving forward!!
oh and he needs to make his own packed lunch-be ruthless.

241 - 260 of 320 Posts