Evoque Owners Club banner

201 - 220 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad things are working out for you.
Have you seen the info/links earlier in this thread about informing the UK's DVSA so that it helps others if LR are made to issue a recall?
Hi, yes I have taken a note of them and when my cars repaired I will be contacting the DVSA to notify them of this shocking disregard for safety on Land Rovers part.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
My part is apparently shipped on the 6/2/2020... five days delivery as of two hours ago it hadn’t arrived ...don’t know how long it will take them too fix , they have also got to repair leak to windscreen hopefully there’s no further hold ups

·
Registered
33 Posts
Even if it is out of warranty I would politely suggest that such a najor component would be reasonably expected to last more than 3 years. If they won’t play ball ask to speak to the dealer principal and state your case calmly and ask them if they would find it acceptable if it was their own car. They should then fix it as a goodwill gesture. Especially if you have had it serviced there and even bought it from them. Use words like disappointed and I was thinking about a new Range Rover in the near future.
good luck

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
2014 Evoque with only 30k on the clock. Power steering failure bringing the kids back from school.
Is going to local LR Dealer tomorrow although bought privately has full service history with LR dealers. They were helpful and surprisingly admitted that my description of issue with power steering is a known fault and I should contact LR direct and open up case with them.
Have contacted LR Solutions Team - they will liaise directly with local dealership once report received.
Dealership mentioned they do not have any courtesy cars available until end of Feb.
Should I kick up with LR Solutions Team for a coutesy car?
With regards to a courtesy vehicle I would certainly ask quite forcefully. Stating that this breakdown IS A KNOWN DANGEROUS FAULT, & that JLR's lack of concern for their customers safety is the only reason you need a courtesy vehicle NOW. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
My part is apparently shipped on the 6/2/2020... five days delivery as of two hours ago it hadn’t arrived ...don’t know how long it will take them too fix , they have also got to repair leak to windscreen hopefully there’s no further hold ups
Hi Donna, I am surprised that they have not gone ahead & repaired your windscreen, it would have saved them a job after your new steering rack is fitted. Maybe that is a bit too joined up, or forward thinking for them?? But you must live in hope that you get it back before the snow arrives (y):).
Best of luck.
Bazz:unsure:

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Bazz my car is at Taggarts and they do the windscreen repair at other side of Glasgow in body shop... and as they can’t drive it ???

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Ps I’d rather use there disco to play in snow so at the moment they can take as long as they want ?

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Bazz is DANGEROUSE LIKE DANGERMOUSE but with no m???
You want to borrow my dictionary ,, oops sorry it’s on loan too zx4 and Maffy ????

Reactions: Bazz

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Correct Bazz, for what must cost but a few pennies-bolt wise and maybe no more than 1hr labour they risk a suit of many millions. Complacency I say-dangerous game.
They're probably figuring if we touch those 3 bolts trying to replace them they'll sure as hell snap, they're snapping on their own as it is, if they snap them then they owe you a steering rack, I agree 3 bolts is pence but it could turn into a new rack

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,721 Posts
You want to borrow my dictionary ,, oops sorry it’s on loan too zx4 and Maffy ????
Two bad :ROFLMAO: (to/too/two - they're/their/there all tricky! ?)

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Yip but as you know I don’t care.... just pointing out like others do too me ?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
But, I posted the spellchecker back to you-didn't you get it?

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Must be in the same delivery van as my steering rack Maffy?

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hi Donna, thanks for the offer but have you not heard the saying "People who live in glass houses should not throw rocks" (y) :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
no I haven’t please explain .... who lives in a greenhouse anyway ?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Mr Tomato for one!!!!

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
102 Posts
Should we perhaps be referring to the offending objects as studs rather than bolts? From what I can tell they do not have a nut on the other end but are screwed into the body of the electric motor, hence the likelihood of shearing them if you attempt to remove them. No doubt one of the engineers on the forum can confirm or otherwise :unsure:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
They are definitely bolts. A stud does not have a head, and needs to secure whatever it goes through with a nut.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
There just shite ... nuts , bolts or whatever.... dangerous not fit for purpose ... think made in China ... say no more

Reactions: Bazz

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Made by Mr Won Hung Lo I believe!

Reactions: Veteran and XZ4
201 - 220 of 320 Posts