Evoque Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It would be better for all if JLR did the DECENT thing & did a safety recall as they have done in Canada, before some dies. If / when this happens it will cost them a lot more money than a recall. :mad:

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Correct Bazz, for what must cost but a few pennies-bolt wise and maybe no more than 1hr labour they risk a suit of many millions. Complacency I say-dangerous game.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yes Maffy, it beggars belief, but someone up in power must be making this strange decision. :mad: :unsure: :unsure: o_O It will eventually bite their collective Arses at the cost of a life or lives. A sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Yip the whole situation is nuts😜

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Lack of, Aftercare, stewardship and customer attention are part of the reason I am not sticking with the brand-oh and the low BIK tax on the Merc!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There will be a absolute furore when the inevitable happens. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Amen to that Maffy. (y) (y):D

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 Evoque with only 30k on the clock. Power steering failure bringing the kids back from school.
Is going to local LR Dealer tomorrow although bought privately has full service history with LR dealers. They were helpful and surprisingly admitted that my description of issue with power steering is a known fault and I should contact LR direct and open up case with them.
Have contacted LR Solutions Team - they will liaise directly with local dealership once report received.
Dealership mentioned they do not have any courtesy cars available until end of Feb.
Should I kick up with LR Solutions Team for a coutesy car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 Dynamic with 30k on the clock. Power steering failure bringing the kids back from school.
Is going to local LR Dealer tomorrow although bought privately has full service history with LR dealers (last one in September 2019). They were helpful and surprisingly admitted that my description of issue with power steering is a known fault and I should contact LR direct and open up case with them.
Have contacted LR Solutions Team - they will liaise directly with local dealership once report received - hopefully will have some success in costs with the 'fix on fail' basis.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Quite right to. JLR are treating this as a "Fix on Failure" problem which is totally wrong, someone is going to get injured or worse before they do the right thing "As Canada has done" i.e. Do a recall on this known very dangerous problem which has been around for many years. :mad: (y)

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Have spoken to JLR today and dealership they want £360 is plus £895 to activate warranty ... £360 is the inspection fee that they charge even though car is serviced and mot’d by them .... you will all know my response to this so there off to see what they can do regarding this ... other half in background while I’m on phone 😱😱😱 no problem with the £895 but you can ram your £360 no way am I paying that and a few choice words ,just hope she never overheard 😂😂

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Ps my part still not in yet 😁
Disco in the snow 😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Absolutely disgusting service once again from JLR. They should hang their heads in shame. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Have spoken to JLR today and dealership they want £360 is plus £895 to activate warranty ... £360 is the inspection fee that they charge even though car is serviced and mot’d by them .... you will all know my response to this so there off to see what they can do regarding this ... other half in background while I’m on phone 😱😱😱 no problem with the £895 but you can ram your £360 no way am I paying that and a few choice words ,just hope she never overheard 😂😂
So that's the deal anyone taking out a LR warranty that's let the original expire would get!
i.e. They aren't attempting to help you at all... :(

Still can't believe you missed the renewal after all the forum chat and all the reminders LR send though :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm so glad I found you guys, last Tuesday (4th) my wife had the misfortune to have the very same fault with the steering as has been discussed, our cars a 2014 model which we have had for only five and a half months bought from Pentland Land Rover in Perth with 30k on the clock (fully serviced by the same dealer). The car was taken by tow truck back to them, they checked the car and then we were informed that the bill would be £2711.00, Luckily we had a third party warranty on the car which covered the first £2000, the dealer also agreed after some negotiation to contribute £393.00, I contacted Land Rover customer services on Thursday and today they have agreed to pay the balance of £384 on my behalf. If I hadn't found this post I would probably have just paid out the balance which was due. I would like to say a massive thank you to you all for the information provided in the past posts. The part according to the dealer is arriving tomorrow (Tuesday). 😀

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Nessie hunter I would be expecting them to pick up all the bill , it’s a known fault , so your warranty company might want to look into this .... only if it is going to effect any later claims you have or you have a excess .?

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Hmmmuk ... I’m blaming other half and Landrover for the lack of communication... firstly other half was ready to pay and couldn’t as they needed mileage .... they said they would call back and didn’t..... secondly other half should of remembered and chased it up but over Xmas it got lost in space....
really I only drive the car sorting it out is done by others 😘
Still £360 for inspection on a car with 25k serviced and maintained by them 😱😱😱 and if they had called back as they said I wouldn’t be having to pay it ...which I’m not anyway they will have to sort it out as far as I’m concerned it’s there fault someone didn’t do there job properly and do a follow up call as promised

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm so glad I found you guys, last Tuesday (4th) my wife had the misfortune to have the very same fault with the steering as has been discussed, our cars a 2014 model which we have had for only five and a half months bought from Pentland Land Rover in Perth with 30k on the clock (fully serviced by the same dealer). The car was taken by tow truck back to them, they checked the car and then we were informed that the bill would be £2711.00, Luckily we had a third party warranty on the car which covered the first £2000, the dealer also agreed after some negotiation to contribute £393.00, I contacted Land Rover customer services on Thursday and today they have agreed to pay the balance of £384 on my behalf. If I hadn't found this post I would probably have just paid out the balance which was due. I would like to say a massive thank you to you all for the information provided in the past posts. The part according to the dealer is arriving tomorrow (Tuesday). 😀
Welcome to the forum. Glad things are working out for you.
Have you seen the info/links earlier in this thread about informing the UK's DVSA so that it helps others if LR are made to issue a recall?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nessie hunter I would be expecting them to pick up all the bill , it’s a known fault , so your warranty company might want to look into this .... only if it is going to effect any later claims you have or you have a excess .?
Hi Donna, The dealer has told me the new steering part will be covered under warranty for three years, I don’t have any excess on the policy. The only thing that I’m confused about is that they say the part was being dispatched on Friday and arriving on Tuesday for fitting, I asked about the part being on back order but I was informed there was one available. I did see on your original post that yours won’t be here till the end of February, I’ll contact them again tomorrow to make sure the parts arrived as they haven’t got any courtesy cars available, they told they could arrange a hire car through Enterprise car rental at my expense to which I refused.

181 - 200 of 266 Posts