Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New SDi Coupe Auto. Within 3 hrs of pick up, parked to pick daughter up and car wouldn't start. Lights on but no ignition. After half an hour of trying, resetting etc car starts. The following afternoon same problem, Landrover assist call out. Car starts 5 minutes before the engineer turns up. He checks and says ignition or power steering problem. Car was then booked in for the following Monday. Next morning (Friday) same problem but car wouldn't start even after Landrover call out. Had the car three days and is now in the garage. Won't be fixed until Thursday at the earlest, and I had to phone up to find that out after the dealer had had it three days without a call back to tell me what was going on. Truley shocking customer service from the dealer from order to car delivery, and then once I had it things just got worse. They have now told me it is something to do with the engine harness wiring but I don't think they really know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
MH, that sounds very worrying. Please keep us updated with progress ( or lack of it !! )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jake,

Online customer service came back straight away chasing my issues, and issues I have with the dealer. On the positive side, the Land Rover assist boys were spot on both times. Just hope people don't have to use them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been told the problem is with the engine harness. They have had to replace this, 11 to 12 hrs to put right. Hopefully I will have in back tomorrow, fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts