Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,my wife has just bought a 2016 evoque.
I went to move it the other night in the dark and couldn't find the start button ,is this supposed to be illuminated please

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Don’t think it illuminates... the interior lights not working? Sorry can’t help I’m in the dark with this one😜

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Start Button is neatly hidden behind the rim of the steering wheel on RHD Evoques. OK when you know, but pretty silly if you don't!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easy wh
[QUwhen you know where it stands for helpE="Donna, post: 265494, member: 9492"]
Don’t think it illuminates... the interior lights not working? Sorry can’t help I’m in the dark with this one😜
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good answer it's easy when you know where it is I thought it bizarre that it doesn't illuminate thanks for help really appreciated

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
I suppose it is a bit Bizarre that it doesn’t illuminate ... I left a golf club in South Africa to go home and get changed when these buttons were fairly new .. sat in my brothers bmw 645 on car park for ten minutes before hanging my head in shame and walking back in too him and my other half .... never heard the end of it... in my defence it goes pitch black in South Africa 😂😂😂

·
Super Moderator
2,262 Posts
The F-Type Start button pulses with red light at the heart rate of a Jaguar (supposedly), so surprised it's not illuminated, although never really noticed in the Evoque, even on the day I picked it up when it was pitch black and raining.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
It illuminates in my F-Pace if that’s any help 😁

·
Registered
8,393 Posts
Interesting and subtle difference, I guess that when I first get into my car the interior lights are on until I fire it up-I know where the switch is instinctivley after all this time-will be different in the Merc no doublt, I will probably be turning on the wipers for a while!!!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Winding handle at the front bumper Maffy lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Apparently some evoque start buttons illuminate and some dont depending on the spec I tried a dynamic switch it still doesn't work I guess it's down to wiring

1 - 16 of 16 Posts