Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS & LADIES CAN YOU HELP IVE'S JUST BOUGHT A 2012 SD4 HAD 4 NEW SHOCKS PUT ON TOGETHER WITH NEW BACK SPRINGS THE CAR SHOCKS ARE AS HARD AS CEMENT ITS UNDRIVEABLE BUT THERE IS NO FAULT CODE OR ANY MESSAGES ON DASH PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP

REGUARDS MIKE

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
668 Posts
Hi, so can you give some details please, does it have the dynamic magnaride dampers, (extra setting in terrains response) or standard suspension? What wheel size and which make/spec dampers and springs did you have fitted?

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Have you taken it back to whoever fitted the shocks & asked them to look at it?

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,325 Posts
Lol
I wondered if Donna had come back for a mo!

So SD4 which model?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, so can you give some details please, does it have the dynamic magnaride dampers, (extra setting in terrains response) or standard suspension? What wheel size and which make/spec dampers and springs did you have fitted?
Hi Thank you for your reply, The shocks have been fitted which were the dynamic mag dampers the wheel size is 18" also the dampers were primed prior to fitting as to regards terrain response I'm not sure what you mean but it did have 5 separate settings. The shocks that were fitted were from British Parts UK in Stevenage and are not from the main dealers Land Rover parts.
The garage has informed me it could be a software problem.

·
Super Moderator
2,786 Posts
I'm not sure how a software problem could make the dampers like concrete, energised or not the dampers should still act like dampers...

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
224 Posts
I do believe there is a program to set the dampers up. I had my rears replaced not too long ago - the guy who did them said he equalised the settings on his diagnostic machine - these were magnaride shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts