Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a better solution to this ?
Ipod connects up perfectly and plays itunes tracks with full funtionality.

However, in my household we use spotify.......

You can get this to run in the evoque but requires that you start the ipod disconnected and playing an itunes track. You then connect the lead and allow the the car to 'find' the ipod. Once this has happened you can select spotify from the ipod and the tracks will play, however there is no functionality from the car. It all has to be controlled from the ipod directly, which is not ideal. Also the above process has to be repeated each time you start the car to get spotify to work.

Any suggestions as to how to get proper functionality would be appreciated !

Edited by: AdrianFuller

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK dont all shout at once !!!
Problem solved: If you connect your ipod touch via bluetooth, rather that lead to the ipod connector in the cubby hole, you get full functionality including spotify. - Works fine from the ipod, the in car screen and the steering wheel buttons.

You end up with two ipods in the 'my devices' section. - Both have the same name (your ipod) but one has the bluetooth symbol and this is the one to use.

You can still connect the ipod lead to charge the ipod. Provided you have selected the bluetooth device it seems to connect wirelessly irrespective of the lead so you get full functionality and charging.

Not sure why it doesnt work properly when wired but the bluetooth solution is fine, so i'll use that !

·
Registered
40 Posts
... You have not got the idea of this forum malarkey at all ! How are the rest of us supposed to appear knowledgable , help you out and earn your gratitude - if you carry on like that and keep answering your own questions? ˜„

1 - 3 of 3 Posts