Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Freelander 2 that vehicle does take a full size spare under the floor. I built a swing-away spare wheel carrier that sits at bumper height against the tailgate door. The two vehicles are not too different.

·
Registered
268 Posts
as ive got 20s on mine I just wanted something as big as poss ,and basically to just get me to the tyre shop

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,128 Posts
Space saver tyres have a lot higher profile so overall size is about the same as the 20's

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
140 Posts
As mentioned, there is an 8% rolling circumference difference which would be OK if the car is FWD (with the spare on the back), but with an AWD car, it would make the system think one wheel is constantly slipping. I don't know how bad that would be or how long you could reasonably drive the car.

To get the circumference similar you'd have to go to something like 165/90R18, as fitted to the F-Pace.
You can have a play with sizes here:

135/80-R18 vs 245/45-R20 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

What is the factory fitted space saver tyre size for an AWD Evoque ?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,128 Posts
Thats good. Less than 1% difference in the circumference.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
140 Posts
So is the 155/90R18 tyre, the factory fitted one ? If so, that would make sense.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
303 Posts
That I don't know, but probably, as I bought it online from "The Wheel Shop", told them my current size and they said their "Range Rover Evoque Space Saver Spare Wheel 18"" would be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just removed mine completely. It's a bit of a faff, but if you remove the plastic piece at the rear of the boot along the latch in the floor, then the polystyrene part will come out.

Hi, How did you get the plastic piece at the rear of the boot out?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts