Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a spare wheel with new tyre and wish to fit it in the boot of my RRE which comes with the bottle tyre sealant and electric pump. Has anyone actually managed to remove the polystyrene foam block intact and replaced it later when selling their RRE? If so, how difficult was it? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Well, I had the whole kit (wheel, Jack, wheelbrace, bolt, boot insert) supplied as an extra when I bought mine. I removed the original insert easily enough to fit the new kit. Not too much trouble to remove and refit. If I ever trade it in, the original insert, pump and goop will be going back in!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,639 Posts
Hi I just bought a spare wheel with new tyre and wish to fit it in the boot of my RRE which comes with the bottle tyre sealant and electric pump. Has anyone actually managed to remove the polystyrene foam block intact and replaced it later when selling their RRE? If so, how difficult was it? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi, there are a few previous threads on this.
Here's a good one:

·
Registered
268 Posts
done it a few weeks ago ,got a new xf spacesaver and shaped the foam so it fitted in nice and snug got a jack kit off facebook for a tenner in all cost me 55quid

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
bit of patience and a really sharpe knife ,once the bulk of it was removed I used an angle grinder the finish off the shape ,the grinder kind of melts the foam so not much mess at all

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,891 Posts
Excellent job Peter.

All it takes is a bit of skill and bravery to start hacking in to the fabric of your expensive Evoque.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Nice neat job Peter-excellent.

·
Registered
268 Posts
lol I was a fabricator for 40 years until a spine injury ,so making things and more so making things fit comes as second nature ,so a bit of foam in comparison to a steelworks was a piece of cake

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Bet it was, but have heard horror tales of some doing this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just removed mine completely. It's a bit of a faff, but if you remove the plastic piece at the rear of the boot along the latch in the floor, then the polystyrene part will come out.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Good tip Muffking (Still lurrve your name) there have been so real botched hatchet jobs done, your looks neat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all who replied to my query. It appears that the spare wheel well isn't deep enough to take a full size one only a space saver wheel which poses the query, does JLR make RREs with a choice of 2 different depth wheel wells?? I went to my local JLR to view a RRE and told the salesman that I wasn't interested in the one on offer as it had no spare wheel and he offered to have one supplied as part of the deal so I should have asked if it was going to be a space saver or a full wheel but I didn't as he offered a derisory figure for my 6 year old/33k mileage RRE SD4 Auto (9) Coupe. Anyone have a full spare wheel supplied with their RRE in the wheel well?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,128 Posts
Full size definitely doesn't fit. I couldn't even fit one on the boot floor as the tailgate wouldn't close with it in there.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I fitted my full sized punctured wheel in my wheel well and the boot float fits on top of that although about4” higher. Then of course I couldn’t shut the tailgate because the dog crate was too high so that had to go on the back seat. Bit of a faff but still wouldn’t be without a spare of some sort. Of the two punctures I’ve had, foam wouldn't have plugged the hole in the sidewall.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
I rest my case your honour!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trust JLR to go down the same route other car manufacturers take by no longer supplying a full sized spare wheel! Once again thanks to all who replied! Take care out there during the Covid-19 pandemic.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
140 Posts
done it a few weeks ago ,got a new xf spacesaver and shaped the foam so it fitted in nice and snug got a jack kit off facebook for a tenner in all cost me 55quid
I just looked on ebay for XF spare wheels and they are all around 135/80R18 size which is about 8% smaller circumference than on my car (245/45R20). Do all Evoques have the same wheel circumference ?

I'm concerned if I fitted one of these, it would play havoc with the AWD system.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts