Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2017 Evoque. It never occurred to me to check that it might have some form of spare wheel. I mean, who supplies a car without a spare wheel?! :0) So, I am now left with a trip to the French Alps on the horizon and a bottle of gunk and a tyre compressor. It has disaster written all over it so I want to get a spacesaver tyre. I have tried Landrover to get a replacement spacesaver wheel and the associated bits and they want over 400 quid which seems a bit of a rip off. Other than flea bay (that dont have much) does anyone know of a company that can supply such a beast? Many thanks in advance, Dave

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
This has come up on here before, yes ebay would be the first port of call but I remember someone posting a link to a 3rd party company that supplied spacesavers in various sizes, have you tries the search function on this site, it might help

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't forget you'll need jack and brace as well. And you should really have something to hold the wheel down in the wheel well. Unfortunately a full-size wheel won't fit in the space, or I'd offer to sell you one!

·
Registered
7,715 Posts

hi and welcome don’t know where you are based in uk, this one is in Glasgow.... they might post .?

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
There’s another one in Wallasey Merseyside

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
I’ve just offered £150 for the one in Glasgow 😘

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi when I bought my Evoque I was amazed it didn't have a jack or wheel brace, on my previous car which didn't have a spare wheel just the gunk to repair a puncture at least it had a brace and jack, in the handbook it said to take the weight off the flat tyre before using the gunk. I was lucky that someone was selling a jack and brace on ebay which I bought and later found a space saver wheel and kit to secure it complete with jack and brace, I answered an ad asking if anyone had a jack and brace and had no problem getting back what I had paid for them. Seems a bit tight not including one in the price of the vehicle and asking I think it was £200 for them as an EXTRA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's another one,

I bought my mine off eBay, already had a scissor jack & wheel nut spanner.
These wheels/tyres are roughly the same diameter as the 20" already on the car because of the different profile 155/85/18, just thinner width so they'll fit in the boot floor. If you search ebay there's a lot of these for sale - you just need to check the 5 stud fitment is the same - Ford, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugeot etc.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I’ve never heard of anyone having the same size space saver as me! When I bough my see approved Dynamic, I insisted that the dealer threw in a space saver and all the trimmings - Jack, wherlbrace, lockdown bolt, boot inset etc. They supplied them all and were genuine LR parts. This is the wheel I received. Have used it twice with no problems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have just bought a 2017 Evoque. It never occurred to me to check that it might have some form of spare wheel. I mean, who supplies a car without a spare wheel?! :0) So, I am now left with a trip to the French Alps on the horizon and a bottle of gunk and a tyre compressor. It has disaster written all over it so I want to get a spacesaver tyre. I have tried Landrover to get a replacement spacesaver wheel and the associated bits and they want over 400 quid which seems a bit of a rip off. Other than flea bay (that dont have much) does anyone know of a company that can supply such a beast? Many thanks in advance, Dave
I bought a space saver along with a jack & brace from ebay for £225 for MY14 RRE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts