Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been to the Southampton Boat Show Land Rover Event? I have tickets for next Saturday, but not sure if you need to book your test drive in advance?

·
Registered
14 Posts
First of all I must say a great event organised by LR, everything was just spot on!No you do not have to book a test drive as this is part of the event, just arrive early as then you can choose your Evoque. The route (pre-determined on satnav)involves central Soton, the New Forest and motorway M27 and so you can truly put the Evoque through its paces. I particularly liked testing the Adaptive Dynamics on the Dynamic. The drive is amazing even with the 20inchers!
You will also enjoy the Powerboat ride in the solent!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a great day, am really looking forward to it!! and although I have already had a short test drive, my husband couldn't make it, so hasn't even been inside one yet

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why is it that you southerners are being extended all these privileges by LR just doesn't seem fair. After all us northern flat cap types still have to fork out as much for the same car yet even a test drive seems like we're asking too much. So please don't rub our noses in it, no doubt LR will soon exploit the grim weather up north to showcase the evoke's ruggedness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nothing to do with a North/South divide Singhy! The Unleashed events have taken place all over the country including Manchester, York and not forgetting two events in Scotland.
It was pure luck to be able attend one of these events and we are just appreciating all the hard work LR has put in.

Just enjoy the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm sure myself and fellow northerners would enjoy the car more if we had as much access to it as everyone else. As for appreciating LR"s hard work that doesn't count until they deliver the goods and so far if you read this forum there's countless stories of unfilled prmises on delivery dates, unjustifiable price increases such as the pan roof and more recently removing key options on ordered cars like mine (xenon led lights). So let's just keep things in perspective with LR before we heap praise on them. Even though I've only ordered the poverty model, 35k is still a fair wedge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts