Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’m trying to freshen up my wife’s 2014 Evoque by changing the silver trims to black. Pictures follow below.

I found powerfuluk but they can only supply some of the parts and don’t do the window, door or skid trims.

I also asked at a local body repair place to spray the trims but they suggested the paint might not take.

Does anybody know where I could find these parts in black? Or have a view on painting the existing ones?

many thanks,
Joe

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,116 Posts
Hi and welcome. Get the parts wrapped.

·
Registered
9,837 Posts
What? then delivered you mean? ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Have a look at the two threads below from the US Evoque Forum. Another US member, as well as myself, have used Plasti Dip to black out trim pieces. Has held up very well for me, and if you decide you no longer like what you did, you can simply peel if off.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm not sure why the bodyshop said the paint won't take. It's a pretty straight forward process over plastic as long as the right materials are used.
I'm doing a bit of an updated version on a friends white Evoque and painted the grill and rear skid plate/diffuser in gloss black (2K base coat + 2K lacquer) and they came out fine.
As for the items in the circular highlights pic, they would be better off being wrapped. The middle section on the tailgate would paint in the same way as the grill etc, but this guy's getting it wrapped at the same time as the window surround trim and side vents.
Black wheels and badges would really set that off for that stealth or "murdered out" look:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all and apologies for late reply.
I replaced the grill and lettering and got the other parts wrapped.

Really happy with the results.

Now I need to work on the mrs about powder coating the wheels. I’m now thinking gunmetal grey.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,116 Posts
Gunmetal grey would look good as would Shadowchrome

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks good!
Gunmetal/anthracite would work well on that. Make sure you go for a gloss finish though. I did some in that colour on a black Porsche Cayenne earlier in the week and they were a matt finish which I think let the car down.. Would have looked so much better in gloss to go with the deep gloss paintwork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts