Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’ve joined this group as today we put a deposit on a 2013 Evoque Dynamic Lux. The garage is looking into why the rear electric windows aren’t working. We’ve been looking the issue up and have come across a lot of bad reviews about reliability (especially with electrics) and so we’re having some doubts / second thoughts.

Can anyone offer any suggestions regrading the windows and/or advice on reliability generally

Thank You!

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
2,000 Posts
Welcome to the EOC
I’ve got a 2013 thats done 78,000 miles, I’ve had it from new and it has been trouble free and reliable for the last 7 years.
Im sure they can sort the elec windows.
Make sure you have a warranty to cover any initial problems (I haven’t had warranty for the last 4 years and don’t regret it!)

Reactions: 16710

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’ve had my evoque just under a year now, haven’t had any electrical issues, only oil dilution problems but hopefully that’s sorted now. I’d say it’s luck of the draw really whether you have many problems or not. But they’re a great car to drive!

Reactions: 16710

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
Hi and welcome. I've had a 2014 Dynamic Lux and a 2016 Dynamic Lux. Only issues were with the later car and they were misaligned tailgate and early oil change due to dilution which doesn't affect the earlier models. It doesn't matter what make/model you research on the internet there are problems because very few people join forums to say how Good theirs is.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your response. The tailgate alignment seemed ok. We were just concerned because of the amount of bad reviews but, as you mentioned, happy customers don’t leave reviews as often as disgruntled ones.

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve had my evoque just under a year now, haven’t had any electrical issues, only oil dilution problems but hopefully that’s sorted now. I’d say it’s luck of the draw really whether you have many problems or not. But they’re a great car to drive!
Thank you! There are good and bad in every make and model. I guess it’s knowing what to look for. They’re not cheap so don’t want to end up buying a money pit. We would look to take out an extended warranty as that seems to be a sensible option.

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the EOC
I’ve got a 2013 thats done 78,000 miles, I’ve had it from new and it has been trouble free and reliable for the last 7 years.
Im sure they can sort the elec windows.
Make sure you have a warranty to cover any initial problems (I haven’t had warranty for the last 4 years and don’t regret it!)
Thank you! We’ll wait and see what they say about the back windows and go from there but we loved our test drive so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi KassieR. I have a 2012 Prestige Lux with 57500 on the clock. Only purchased it in February. I’ve had to have a new starter motor and rear offside speed sensor but for the age of the car it’s only to be expected.
Bear in mind your car will be due a cambelt and water pump change about now. Land Rover changed it from 9 to 7 years. It costs about £450-£500. The dealer did mine (at his cost) before I picked it up because when he took it for a fresh MOT the garage said it was due.
Also would be a good idea if not already done to have a Haldex service. Should be done at 40000-50000 miles. Costs about £150 if you take it to Bell Engineering.
I’ve also had the gearbox oil changed.
Have a good look underneath especially at the fuel shield as they are a common issue for rusting badly.Can be quite costly to replace based on the labour costs involved.
Good luck with your purchase. They really are a lovely car ☺

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks @Sadie. Will check with the garage whether the cam belt has been done. It’s got a full service history so it seems to have been looked after.
Will keep your other points in mind too. Thank you!

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
69 Posts
Welcome to the club, I have a 2013 Dynamic with 60k and no problems, everything works as it should. Lovely cars, good advice re preventative maintenance. When I bought mine I had a code reader, checked and cleared them before test drive, then again afterwards. If you don’t have one get the garage to do it. If they say no there is a reason.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
When my warranty ran out earlier in year I took out a third party one for piece of mind motoring covers most issues and I can even take it to landrover to be fixed as one option was unlimited hourly rates ... ticked every option available £470 ... about half of JLRs version that does not cover DPF ,,, repairs on these are expensive so I would recommend a warranty..... check cars service history online too x

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
A warranty is an absolute must.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
When my warranty ran out earlier in year I took out a third party one for piece of mind motoring covers most issues and I can even take it to landrover to be fixed as one option was unlimited hourly rates ... ticked every option available £470 ... about half of JLRs version that does not cover DPF ,,, repairs on these are expensive so I would recommend a warranty..... check cars service history online too x
Hi Donna, can you give me the name of your warranty provider please.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,951 Posts
I think @Donna used Warranty Direct but hopefully she'll confirm this.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
Many thanks XZ4. (y)

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
2,566 Posts
I have just obtained a quote from same Company ticking all boxes @ £731.42 i think D did well to get it earlier in year.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Hi Bazz yes was warranty direct and was £470
Sorry busy girl today

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
I have just obtained a quote from same Company ticking all boxes @ £731.42 i think D did well to get it earlier in year.
That's a big difference?
Donna's known to forget things, I hope she remembered to click the right buttons 😂

1 - 20 of 61 Posts